3 watt 3AAA lights on ebay, 2 for $34 shipped. ???

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any reviews or feelings about this light. This seems light a amazing deal. Maybe as good as the Nuwai Q-III??? What do you think, Luxeon? Current amps? Run time, brightness, etc. Any one have oen for comparisons?

The guy has lots of them and he sells other lights and even a single light, 3 watt for $22 shipped.

Ebay link

AW

Newly Enlightened
The street price of these lights are $7 in Hong Kong. It is using some Taiwan made cone Lux III and is quite bright and white when new. I bought two a week ago and one of them went dead already while the other one is losing its brightness to less than 50%. My conclusion: Don't waste your money.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 3 watt 3AAA lights on ebay, 2 for $34 shipped.

Thanks for the advice. I almost bid on this. Whew.

Wow, 50%, that is a lot. Must be bad LED design or severly over driven.

davidefromitaly

Enlightened

they are direct-drive so i think is safer use 3 ni-mh cells for 3,6v

3 fresh alkaline are 4,5v... too high for the poor led

of course for this price you can't find a lux-III TWOJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

actually it is the other way around, david

NimH can deliver more current with less drop in the voltage than alkaline. Alkaline has a lot higher internal resistance that the resistance alone will decrease the current to a lower level than NiMH's.

rastaman

Newly Enlightened

these look like the bigger brother of the sreamlight keymate.

kenny

Newly Enlightened

the only thing IMHO that these Chinese light are good for is donors. The bowling pins we got through Haveblue for instance, were rather mediocre electronics-wise, but they were great donors. Heavy, place for a circuit board, heat-sink AND optics!! -- I just finished a very slick mod on one (good thing I bought 4 of them!!) -- plusr they look cool. $12-13 for a great host is not too bad (wheras $17 seems a bit high -- unless it was REALLY cool!). Keep us posted on these though, I'm always looking for a good body!

Krit

Enlightened

So, the china luxeon flashlight will come with clone luxeon or not? If then I think the luxeon light or brightness is seem to be poor.

If the china luxeon flashlight use real luxeon, we cann't know about BINS that thay used.