got my ARC AAA white led blk finish

artar

Enlightened
got my Arc AAA today and i love it.

it is engineered like my surefire E2, real quality!

in comparison to the photon II white, the photon is maybe 20 % brigher (batterys used 5-10 minutes on photon) and the photons light is whiter than that of the arc.

the arc output is not really white, more blue/white mixed. the beam is not narrow focused like that of the photon.

i like tha fact that the arc is regulated.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now you know first hand why most people extoll the virtues of Arc Flashlights. The hundreds of people who like Arc can't all be wrong.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Originally posted by sunspot:
The hundreds of people who like Arc can't all be wrong.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hopefully for Peter there are a couple more....
grin.gif

Glad you like your Arc Artar. Compare it with the Photon after some time of constant-on.
rolleyes.gif

Peter wrote a very interesting essay about regulation. Regulation

artar

Enlightened
Originally posted by *BlackBart*:

Glad you like your Arc Artar. Compare it with the Photon after some time of constant-on.
rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">therefore i bought the arc.

the photon with used batteries (after 30 min of use) is useless for me.

the arc complements the photon.

i use the photon for short periods <10 seconds and the arc will be used for longer periods up to 5 h
grin.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by *BlackBart*:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by sunspot:
The hundreds of people who like Arc can't all be wrong.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hopefully for Peter there are a couple more</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I should hope so but I am going on what I've read here.
I like your sig line Bart.

PhilAlex

Enlightened
Arc, IMHO is a better pocket carry than a photon, and I love small stuff.

i change the battery in my arc with a new nimh every 2 days.

try that with your photon!

artar

Enlightened
you are right the arc is better pocket carry than photon II. but the advantage of the photon is that you can switch it on with on hand.

now we have 08:53 pm here in germany and its getting dark slowly and i can see how damn bright this little arc is!

i think i have to order another one ;-)

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
but the advantage of the photon is that you can switch it on with on hand.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">As you become accustomed to it, you will be able to operate the light one handed with ease. Grease up the head and work it about 30 times with no battery. This will smooth the operation.

i think i have to order another one
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think your right.

Bob Snow

Newly Enlightened
I've carried Photons for years. I have just two keys so the Photon is perfect as my keyring. Very compact. I love my Arc LE though. I keep it by my bed with a glowring attached. Special blue CPF edition and the cool purple/blue color glowring.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Bob. I do the same. A blue Traser with the Arc-SE on the night stand. A green Traser on the LE because that is the closest match in color. A purple Traser on the Arc-UV. I'm waiting for Traser to come out with a Turquoise to go on my EV.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Tracers are way too bright for the nightstand.
tongue.gif

While on a trekking, we had to share a hut with 9 persons. I had put an Infinity with a purple tracer in a corner for common use, but got comments that it was too bright. :-\ I ended up covering most of the glowring, leaving only the bottom free.Glad I didn't put my LE/green Tracer overthere, since the green is much brighter...
grin.gif