• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS Surefire E Head mods ** Just one left **

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
***EDIT***

**THIS LIGHT IS SOLD; HOWEVER THE ONE WITH THE VERY SMALL NICKS IN THE HA IS STILL AVAILABLE. PLEASE READ THE REST OF THE POST***

I have, for sale, a modded E1e head and VG1 body. The head has been modified with an IMS SO17XA 17mm reflector. It has also been modified to accept an Aelph LE. The LE included with this particular light is equipped with a NexGen400 and a TXOJ Lux III.

I understand that there has been an issue with the VG1 bodies and their switches. I have worked out a fix for this and I will ensure that this light WILL work properly with a Surefire size 123 cell.

If you are looking for a small pocket light with a clip, this is for you. It features a clickie switch, rather than having to twist the head to turn it on and off and will give you about two hours of runtime on a single 123. The light measures just under 3" from the tip of its nose to the end of its tail. It's tiny.

Here are some pics of the first mod of this type that I did. The type of light for sale is the one on the left, standing next to the KL4/E1e combo. The light pictured is NOT the one for sale. What are for sale and made from BRAND NEW parts...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

The cost of this light is $170 to include shipping via USPS Priority Mail or Global Priority Mail.

I also have another complete light as described above, but it has two TINY nicks in it about the size of a pin point on the hex part of the bezel. I can offer this light for $160 under the terms described above.

If you would prefer an LE in a different configuration, let me know. I can accommodate you. I'd also like to mention that this light is compatible with any Aleph LE, so you can swap them as desired.

If you want either, post with an "I'll take it," and then send an account transfer via PayPal to [email protected] or send a credit card payment via PayPal to [email protected] and add 3% for the credit card payment.

Please use the note section to include you CPF handle and a description of what you are buying.

Thanks,
Tony

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS Surefire E Head mods

The ones I have listed here are my last ones. For now anyway.

G Pilot

Enlightened

Hey.. looks nice. What is the fix for the tail? I have one coming and did not realize it needs a fix.
Thanks

Polar

Newly Enlightened

How many lumens is this little fella? Compared to a regular E1E?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

G Pilot,

Some have had problems with the spacing. There is actually nothing wrong with the switch. I use different size o-rings for proper spacing with various cells. It seems that the stock flat compression type gasket is less than ideal and allows over compression of the switch causing it to loose contact.

Polar,

I can't tell you how many lumens this mod puts out. All I can tell you is that the beam is typical of the IMS SO17XA. It will smoke the E1e in stock form AND give you really great regulated runtime.

If we believe Lumileds' specs and a T bin Lux III does indeed put out 65 lumens at 700mA, I'll go out on a limb and say that you'll get something between 40 and 50 lumens. Keep in mind that this is just a guess. If you choose to, you can get an LE biased for something more than 500mA. I've just found 500mA to be the best current level for lights with reflectors this size. Going with more current really doesn't get you much more than increased heat and less runtime.

The thing is that a lumens rating may be a bit deceiving. Regardless of what the lumens output may be, this light puts out a great beam. It will be a drastic improvement over the stock E1e. The best comparison that I can make is to say that this mod performs just like a modded KL1. It's just smaller.

Dan C

Enlightened

OK, dangit! I'll take the $170 one Tony, with NexGen400 and TXOJ. I'll send you a PM and a Paypal shortly.....

Dan C

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK Dan, I'll set you up.

Oh, how about a NexGen400 with a TWOJ lux. The whitest of the white!!