About them TurboHead conversions?

2Sharp

Newly Enlightened
Seems there's a lot of SF lights in the pipe for me right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (that's good)

I have been thinking about the conversion kit for the C2/M2 (KT1-HA) for a while, if i understand it correctly the beam reaches further (focuses tighter) when compared to the standard C2/M2?

I really like to have a lot of stuff for my lights, the gadget factor is superhigh on SF stuff.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What i was thinking of if there's any super-duper high output lampassembly that would work with the turbo head?
High as in higher then 65 lumens.

I have the extension for the lampbody so i can use 3 batteries.

Can i use the N2 lampassembly? Or maybe even the MN16?? One can always hope i guess.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Or does anyone has any idea if Sure-Fire might be planning to offer any new lampassemblys for the TurboHead conversions?
Just seems like a good idea to me to get more light out there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Skip the 2x123 TurboHeads.

The TurboHeads are great with 3x123. With 3x123 you can use:
N2: my favorite because it has a perfectly round beam.
MN15
MN16

I recommend the SRTH for use with Classic bodies.

2Sharp

Newly Enlightened
Most interesting, 225 lumens seems like fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Very interesting about the SRHT... no end of gadgets...

I just don't play with my lights, i do use'em also.

EDC is E2D and E1e, L4 when carrying my camelbak.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Many thanks for the help!

Filament

Newly Enlightened
Can you use the Surefire lamps with the SRTH? Since this doesn't appear to be an "Official" SF product, how is the quality control, fit & finish, compatibility with SF lamps? Is the reflector orange-peeled? I've been thinking about one of these as well, but before shelling out the money, I wanted to see how the performance was. Also, how is the throw compared to say the 9P w/P91 combination?

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Surefire made the SRTH.

Quality control is first rate and the knurling matches Surefire lights.

The SRTH uses Surefire lamps made for Surefire TurboHeads. You must match the lamp with the correct number of cells.

The reflector is orange peel.

The SRTH with 3x123 out throws a P90/P91 like you wouldn't believe. If you want a Surefire with throw you "need" a TurboHead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

The SRTH is not available in Hard Anodized.

I strongly recommend that you guys do a search for:
"SRTH", username Brightnorm, newer than 3 years.

Brightnorm did tests for throw using several lights that are known for their throw.

The M3T, M4, and M6 are other great Surefire lights with throw.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't there a 3" version of that turbo head? McGizmo has one modded to LED on his website. I did a Google search for it a few months ago and couldn't turn up a darn thing.

Filament

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the great info! How did the one company (lagger pro)get them all and no one else seems to have them (like all our dealers in the forums)? If it outhrows the P91, I think I'm in... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I'm not sure how L.P.S. Tactical (AKA Lagger Pro) did this. I assume it's a special contract with Surefire. I read about this in the past. I just don't remember.

size15s,
Al can you help us out with this one?