HELP!?!?! I need a bright flashlight.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Ok, here we go. First, allow me to give you all some background.

I am a newbie, and I bought an Everled for my 3G m*g. That was nice for a while.

Then i jumped RIGHT into a Thor 10M spotlight, just because there was a thread on it. That thing is GREAT. I REALLY like it.

I play on a farm where I have access to LOTS of land for shooting and hiking, and the thor is GREAT to have at night to light up hundreds of yards of fields.

But the thor is just to big for "easy" carry. (That shoulder strap comes in VERY handy.)

This is what i am looking for:
Something that is VERY bright, and has a reasonable run time, something (around / at least) 2 hours, and is not above $300.

The Surefire M6 is too expensive, and 250 lummens for 60 min, or 500 lumens for 20 min just isnt gonna cut it TIME wise.

The X990 something is too expensive. And i think there was JUST a group buy i missed out on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I was thinking about a Tri Star Phazer, Or perhaps modding my 2D m*g. (i started a previous thread about that, but i am still a little confused)

Some people say i can get around 350-500 lumens out of this... a 2D m*g body, 8 AA batteries, a WA 1185 bulb, a metal reflector, and an UCL lense. Is this a good idea?

Should I mod the 2d? Should I getta phazer? Should i get something else? I am trying to learn all this fast.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. and have a good one.

SS

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stainless,

Do you want a flashlight or a spotlight? If you want something super bright that will throw hundreds of yards and run for 1 to 2 hours look to a 35W HID automotive Spotlight Mod.

Check out the Spotlights/Lanterns/HID forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Later
Sway

HesNot

Enlightened
I suppose the question is how big and how bright. My first thought was something like a Strion - bright, 2 hours roughly of runtime and a very small package. It sounds like you're willing to tote around something a little larger and quite honestly my focus has been almost exclusively on smaller lights during my bought with flashaholism.

So - you may want to give a better idea of how big a package you're willing to accept and I'm sure the modders will come up with some great ideas as well as those who have more "big light" experience.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
#1 thanks everyone for the help.

#2 size wise..... ummmm, probably around 3-4D mag size would be TOTALLY fine. just not as HUGE as the thor. i do NOT need soemthing small.

#3 i dont know if i want a "flashlight" or a "spotlight" i really dont mind what form it comes in, as long as it is bright.

thanks again

SS