Ya think sauce wand too complicated for 5 yr. old?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got to get my friend's kids, twins 5 years old and another 7, presents for Christmas and I was thinking sauce wand. I never owned one but they look reasonably cool for a kid. Anybody ever played with them and do you think too complicated for a five year old? Or any other ideas? I want to get them all the same to avoid jealousy and want to keep the per cost light under $15.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I think a Sauce wand would be appropriate for a five year old child, but I don't have children, so I am rather ill-equipped to provide any type of confirmation or verification here.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ya think sauce wand too complicated for 5 yr.

probably not too complicated - might have to explain how to work it tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. at least you wouldnt have to worry about battery drain with the auto-off!

neg

Kiessling

Flashaholic

well ... I have one and it is too complicated for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif, so that would mean it is just fine for the kids ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

Ralf

Enlightened

Just for complete my english knowledge, what is
a Sauce wand?

Cheers
Ralf

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

light wand [ QUOTE ]
LightWand - the dynamic illuminating wand that casts incredible color and color changing light. LightWand creates practically endless lighting effects, attracting not only kids, but kids at heart as well. It's fun. It's hip and it's the rage!

LightWand is a high-tech item, but surprisingly easy to use. A built-in microprocessor mixes red, green, and blue LEDs (light emitting diodes) to produce LightWand's impressive, vast color ranges through four cool color changing modes. Select color washes, random color changes, fixed colors, or strobe effects by simply pushing the interactive button. And with the extra long life of LEDs, LightWand lasts for years!

The LightWand comes pre-packaged with a free lanyard and a single AA battery.

Dimensions: 3/4" Diameter x 6 1/2" Long.

[/ QUOTE ]

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Should have explained what a sauce wand was in my original post. Sorry. Like I said will entertain other ideas as well. The sauce wand came to mind because it is inexpensive and I believed carried at Radio Shacks.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I gave a pair of wands and a light saucer to a 4 and 5yo team. They seemed to like them but I don't know if they found the secret modes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif