Trunk Lights

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got this light recently from Target. It was on clearence because the latch was broken. I think about $5-$10 max. It makes a good light for the trunk of our Volvo. It's about 14" long. I think the hazard lights on the car do a good job so I would put this light 30-yards in front as an early warning. However then you will still need the tools and another flashlight, say if you're changing a tire in the dark. Anyone know where to find a good visable emergency flasher light similar to this?

CIMG1020.JPG
CIMG1021.JPG

What's in your trunk?

Ratso

Enlightened
I keep a couple of those cheap 6V Lanterns, and I also have a Radio Shack Car Lantern with orange and red flashers plus a flourescent light.

flashlightfreek

Newly Enlightened
Want to know eveything I keep in my trunk>>>??? OK then,
I keep a jump starter, turbo-flares, visi-flare, 6v lantern, towing-straps, incindernary flares, orange-flashing LED light, SF G2 Nitrolon, with an extra set of batts. Missing anything else??? Probably

Im the kind of guy you can say who is 'over prepared'.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have an 8watt flourescent trouble light and a magnetic 2D krypton light and a 55watt halogen spotlight, a aircompressor with builtin light/flasher and will add a few other things when I get the funds. I also have a 4 gauge 20foot set of walmart jumper cables too, very handy when you forget to turn you headlights off.....

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a set of reflective trucker's triangles, 2 xeneon strobes and an Everyready Hardcase with 8 Ds' as spares. These are items I can get "wet" and not worry about.

chiphead

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's just say that I've completely filled the trunk of my Crown Victoria. The inventory list is pretty extensive. .

AuroraLite

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chiphead said:
I keep a set of reflective trucker's triangles, 2 xeneon strobes and an Everyready Hardcase with 8 Ds' as spares. These are items I can get "wet" and not worry about.

chiphead

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cool with the strobe, I kinda have the same idea--
I had recently bought this 'maker' and did have one or two on my car in case of emergency happening at a steep curve, then I could hang it blinking out there to warn people or put it on me or anyone if needed

Clip-on-Marker-Layout.gif

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Just noticed these in Lowes this afternoon (big warehouse home improvement chain store in the US). They were about ~$9.50 or so.

I passed on getting any due to not really wanting to carry another type of spare battery (coin cells). Nothing against the product though, I actually like it, nice form factor and NITE IZE is a decent manufacturer, have some of their other products and have been rather happy with using them.

Who knows? I may yet get one...

[edit by Lighthouse: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif If I recall correctly, it uses CR2032 for about $3 and gets about 100 hours according to the packaging, not too bad actually.]

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
Yep turbo flares are really cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif....when I fisrt saw them I didn't think too much of them, but when I saw them being used I changed my mind and picked one up....may get a couple more later. Just remember to change out the batteries every 6 months or so....you know alkalines and heat from being stored in the car don't mix.
As far as what else is in my truck....see below /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

notrefined

Enlightened
Ok, I'm finally getting curious about the turbo flare...so the question I gotta ask is, will it take lithium batts?