Surefire L4's on sale for $119.95

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire L4\'s on sale for $119.95

Botach
Scroll down to the bottom right.

Just called. They are in stock. I suggest you confirm prior to ordering.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire L4\'s on sale for $119.95

Botach has a poor reputation around here. Good prices, but they have a bad track record in the customer service dept. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

I sometimes wonder if there are two different Botach's! In the two years that I've done business with Botach, I've never had a problem with them....and I always use the Internet ordering system.

It might be better to say that Botach has a poor reputation with SOME people.

M

MeridianTactical

Be careful, will Surfire warrenty a SF Item From Botach? They are not a Auth SF Dealer and if they (SF) ask where you got it/for a Reciept will you be stuck with it?

I don't know the Answer... but something to think about.

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Roy said: It might be better to say that Botach has a poor reputation with SOME people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'll stand up and be counted. I'm one of SOME people.

What percentage of their customers have to have problems for YOU to consider the cautions legitimate? 20 percent? 50 percent? 75 percent?

Or is the fact that YOU have never had a problem all that really matters?

I'll never order from them again. Others have the L4 within 10 bucks, and I'd gladly pay it.

Did, in fact.

brian6244

Newly Enlightened

You can add me to the list. One of my worst CS experiences EVER with a company was when I attempted to buy a toollogic knife/light combo from them. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Well okay, maybe to my worst enemy, but not to anyone else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Mr_Dead said:
[ QUOTE ]
Roy said: It might be better to say that Botach has a poor reputation with SOME people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'll stand up and be counted. I'm one of SOME people.

What percentage of their customers have to have problems for YOU to consider the cautions legitimate? 20 percent? 50 percent? 75 percent?

Or is the fact that YOU have never had a problem all that really matters?

I'll never order from them again. Others have the L4 within 10 bucks, and I'd gladly pay it.

Did, in fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here too. I'm in the middle of a problem with Botach.

Steve C

Enlightened

<<...They are not an authorized SF dealer...>>

So what? Both my new SFs- an L4 and E2O- came with printed cards that say: "Our Plain English Warranty... If it breaks, we fix it (Batteries and lamp assemblies not included)."

Doesn't say anything about where you bought it from.

symes

Enlightened

Steve's right of course, you can buy a used SF and send it off to SF and they'll fix it.

And, with the SF LED warranty, you have to be home and dry.

However, the other dimension to this is that when you have a bad experience with someone, you a) don't want others to get caught and b) hope to exercise some leverage over them when you have little recourse yourself...

I have to say that I'm in favor of sending an extra 10 bucks down the path of those who have served others well, than hoping for a deeper bargain and just keeping the bad guys in business (though I know nothing about botach).

Everyone's going to view it differently though.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

They seem to be big streamlight fans dont they? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tracker870

Enlightened

Can't say I've had any good experience with Botach.
Had a night sight order with them, and it took some time & much correspondence before they reponded to my order cancellation. They did not stock the item they continued to show online & they had no idea if they would get any in. OK, not a terrible order experience, but certainly not a good one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Gandalf

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Meridian Tactical said:
They are not a Auth SF Dealer

[/ QUOTE ]

If Botox isn't an authorized dealer, which doesn't surprise me at all, how can they buy SureFire lights?

Don't they all come from......SureFire? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

How else could they get new stock and sell it at that price?

And count me as a former customer of Botox, never to return. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

MrBenchmark

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
I sometimes wonder if there are two different Botach's! In the two years that I've done business with Botach, I've never had a problem with them....

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting to hear about all the folks who've had problems with them. I've had the same experience as Roy. No problems personally with Botach. Guess I got lucky, or maybe they are partial to Texans? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve C

Enlightened

symes, I agree with you 100%- if a vendor has repetitive problems, get the word out.

I wasn't defending Botach; in fact, I've heard enough gripes about them to ensure I will never order from them.

I was just curious about the 'authorized dealer' comment. That status has meaning on products produced overseas and imported to the US by only specified persons who have the import licences from the manufacturer. On domestic stuff, it cannot have any authority.

And isn't the person who made that post also a vendor???

Another thing; the low prices should give you a clue just HOW bad the "normal" outlets are gouging us. I was turned on to an individual who sells SF stuff at prices FAR below the so-called "street price"; he will get all my business from now on. I used to patronize BrightGuy; but when I can save up to $50 on some products, well; what would YOU do?

That old adage is so true...

"When business is good, its great. When its bad... it ain't bad." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire L4 pricing

I never expected to set off such a spirited discussion about vendors.
I have heard all the bad experiences with Botach. I haven't bought from them in years. It all started out so innocently when I was shopping for a KL4 5w head. The best I could find was retail without bidding on an auction. So I ordered one from my local retailer who is backordered several months for them. I just happened to find this Botach ad and realized that the ENTIRE light was less than my KL4 head on order! Knowing their reputation I wanted to be careful so I called on the phone and made sure that it was in stock. I ordered on Wed 11-10 and the UPS tracking shows it is already in my town!
If you guys could turn me on to a Surefire dealer who sells at less than MSRP I would probably direct my business there.
Right now, ever since Surefire changed their markekting policy, I have no one I know of who sells at a discount.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire L4 pricing

Botach can be hit or miss.

SF's new dealer structure prohibits authorized dealers from selling below MSRP.

I think we're drifting off topic...

--dan

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

I recently ordered an L4 from them as it was $40 less than the $160 I found as most sites. I've got a UPS tracking number and am expecting good results. For the price differential, I'm willing to deal with Botac.

best regards

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Turner's Outdoorsman carries the L4 at about $149.00. When you add California sales tax however...