Got a 5W green Luxeon sample!!!

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I selfishly have had this precious thing since last thursday.

I finally fired it up and got it up to 700mA for a brief couple of seconds with and without the collimator.

You really need protective glasses on if the collimator is not on it. Looking at it off axis is way to blinding.
grin.gif

I plan on hooking it up to a violet badboy (666mA constant current) and I hope to take a picture of running. I'll have to temporarily heat sink it for the picture.

After that I'm boxing the whole thing and sending it with a few of my badboy modules to Craig so that he can review it and share it with all of us.

I can't do as good of a job as Craig can so I'm willing to part with it.
frown.gif

I'm hoping Craig is kind enough to send it back after he punishes it.
smile.gif

-WayneY

Charles

Newly Enlightened
Can't wait to see the test report, better yet,I
can't wait to get one. You must give in order to receive.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by dat2zip:
After that I'm boxing the whole thing and sending it with a few of my badboy modules to Craig so that he can review it and share it with all of us.
I'm hoping Craig is kind enough to send it back after he punishes it.
smile.gif

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I look forward to checking this thing out, thanks!
grin.gif

It should also make for some pretty unusual video. I wonder how an older model camera's CCD will handle the intense, nearly monochromatic green color. It did quite well with the white Luxeons in the Super 6, but I have yet to shoot any scenes illuminated by a non-phosphor LED with it.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig,

I've got a couple of questions for you.

1) This is a Luxeon Star configuration. In this configuration, can you still do your testing?

I've mounted it to a large heat sink so it can be run continously. It's held down by one screw.
2) Is it OK to send it attached to the heat sink?

If not, you will only be able to turn it on for no more than 15-20 seconds before it gets scorching hot.

I've attached a badboy-V (666mA) current mode regulator and a 4 C cell battery pack. I know this is not really a flashlight, but, I can send the whole shibang to you if you want to do some run times vs light output of the converter module.

I can send you one of the new optics with it as well. You will need to hold the optics to the LED manually by hand which might be a pain in the rear.

I have one more person that I'd like to show it to and he is out of town. As soon as I do that, it will be in the mail.
===========================================

ARC mania,

As I promised you earlier via email that when I get around to building them I will keep you in mind.

I'm currently building drop in modules for many CPF members and have very little time for anything else.

I might have some time this weekend to build some non yellow boards. When I do and get them tested I will let you know about it.