Need special lanyard

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
A friend called me looking for a lanyard. There is an older woman who he helps out who just got one of those emergency call alert things. So she needs to keep this on her all the time. It came with a lanyard but it was 'only' 24" around. The problem is she has one of those 'poofy' hairstyles that she can't get the lanyard over.
So does anyone know of a comfortable lanyard that has an easy to work, secure clasp on it. Or has a 'bead' on it to make the opening smaller. One that would be available in a Brick+Mortar in the New Haven area of CT would be even better.
TIA

Zigzago

Enlightened
The REI outdoor sporting goods store in my area sells nylon lanyards with a clip like the kind lifeguards use for whistles. It might be a little stiff to be comfortable to wear 24/7. They also sell the spring-loaded beads for adjusting cord length.

My Dad wears one of those devices and made his own lanyard from a sneaker shoelace.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a sling that attaches to another line of greater thickness, out (or down) at a right angle. It's kind of a double cow hitch, but I'm not quite sure how it helps in this situation.

Edit: I see, attach it to the device. That might work too.