Photon Fusion Feedback

MDM

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have experience with the Photon Fusion? It looks like a pretty neat light. I've read Craig's review at the LEDMuseum.

Gandalf

Enlightened
I have one, and it's a very nice headlight.

However, the initial production run(s) had a very weak battery cover latch, which broke very soon after I got mine. They redesigned the latch, and it's much more durable looking. If you get one of the older ones, Photon will exchance it, but you have to send in the battery case
frown.gif

Aside from that, I *really* like the light. While I first thought having 4 wide angle, and only 2 narrow angle LED's wouldn't give a good 'hot spot', the light does have a very decent hot spot. It lights up a good area, as well, with plenty of peripheral light.

The 6 LED's put out plenty of light for normal use, but not enough for bicycling, as you might expect. The control is easy to use, and it's without a doubt the best power failure light I have; and I have a *lot* of lights!

It's a great light for camping, as anyone who has tried to set up a tent in the dark would probably agree. My guess would be that this light is popular among cave explorers as well; for short to medium illumination. AS with many LED lights, it works best when there is little or no incidental light, and your eyes are dark adapted.

It has more modes than I need, but the 3 dimming levels are good to preserve battery life.

All in all, I give it very high marks for comfortable fit, practicality, and value.
cool.gif

APW

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I agree with Gandalf
However, mine has 4 narrow angle and 2 wide angle
I think I'm lucky, My replacement Fusion now throw further than original.
tongue.gif