COMING BACK SOON
BY
Popular Demand!

Prototype AAA Bodies
with a fresh new quality look and feel.
These units will be offered in both
Type III HA & Brass

Umm.... 'fresh new quality look and feel.'

Yes, back in 2001 when Arc started shipping them.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

And the 1 x AAA Peak light I briefly owned, a 'high power' 'snow' (green snow, at that...)LED, put out about half or less than the light of my Arc AAA lights, even running a new lithium L92 AAA in the Peak, compared to a used (1.42volt) alkaline AAA in the Arc AAA.

Peak LED Solutions should probably laywer up, too..../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: \'Prototype\' 1 x AAA Peak LED lights?

I take it you're unhappy with them!

MrMimizu

Enlightened

What's to be unhappy about? Arc is gone and if you need a new body, this is the place to get it.
The "standard" body is WAY WAY too long. With all that unnecessary length on the back for the screw-in keyring, it's really retarded.
The 3LED light makes the Arc AAA look pretty dim but has a tighter beam.
Beams shots can be seen here

Everett

Newly Enlightened

i thought the length was ridiculous too so i filed it off. i chucked the plastic thing and then took off almost a centimeter of the aluminum with a file. there's no keychain attachment place now but i don't need one.

Yem

Newly Enlightened

Can you attach a 3 LED Peak head to an original Arc AAA
(gen 2 I think) body?

MrMimizu

Enlightened

Yem,
I think you can..i can swap heads between myarc and peak. My Arc is the onewhere it says "Arc Flashlight llc LED AAA" around the end that the head is. i don't know my generations though

Yem

Newly Enlightened

MrMimizu - that's good. I think it was the 3rd generation where they moved the writing to the body due to legal action from Mag.

SolarPowered

Newly Enlightened

As I understand it, the legal issues were that Mag claimed: 1) a design patent on the cylindrical shape, and 2) a design patent and/or trademark on circumferential lettering. Peak makes their head slightly larger than the body and hexagonal in shape, and doesn't use circumferential lettering, so the legal issues are avoided. (My opinion of the patent examiner who would issue a patent for those items is unprintable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif )

I guess this wouldn't be a good time to mention that Evenflo claims the hexagonal shape as a trademark? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope Peak manufactures the Arc Style body because I for one will never buy a keychain light longer then an Arc. It just doesn't make any sense to make a light longer then it has to be when it's designed to go into your pocket or on a keychain. One would think this would be obvious but it seems to elude a lot of manufactures. I like Peter and I wish he was still in business but frankly Peter made some business calls that literally cost him his business. Peak is the only manufacture out there that is coming close to recreating the Arc and although I think it may take Peak additional year or two to figure out that they should be using quality LEDs eventually MJ will see the light. Once that happens I think they will gain a lot of respect here for having a quality light and Peak will be more then just a political controversy on the forum. Peaks manufacturing quality is outstanding from everything that I've read and I welcome the opportunity to have them as a potential future supplier . I also like the fact that MJ while not as active on the forum as Peter stays in touch with the CPF and seems to incorporate ideas presented here into the product line. To me anyway that shows a commitment to provide us with what we want, which is more then what other manufactures do. My hats off to Peak and I hope they make it and keep incorporating CPF ideas into there product line.