• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired VIP Drivers for sale

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a number of 750mA and 1000mA configured VIP drivers for sale.

These are the same drivers that Mr Bulk used in his VIP flashlights.

The drivers are $22 each. This is a limited offer and are essentially extra drivers that were left over from the VIP flashlight build. Once they're sold off that's it...

Technical details can be found on my VIP driver web page. Contact information can be found on my website or via my profile.

cheers,
george.

My web site

vacuum3d

Enlightened
George, I'm interested in the board. Could you explain why the 750 could take R123, which is 4.2v, and the 1000 couldn't?
Also, can the Input V be slightly greater than the Forward V of the led?... like by 0.5v?

thx,
ernest

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey Vacuum, the max the 750 will take is ~3Vin or else just below whatever your particular Luxeon's Vf is, whichever is closer. Once you euqal or surpass that though, the circuit is bypassed and goes into Direct Drive.

The battery nomenclature was meant to indicate "CR"123, meaning the disposable one, and not "R"123 which is really a shorter Pila-like battery.

HTH'd...

vacuum3d

Enlightened
Thanks Mr.Bulk! I re-read the info page and George never said R123. I think it's because there were many mentions of 'R' in the info page, and I mentally stuck the 'R' together with the '123', which is what I wanted to use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ernest

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
How efficient is this board and at what Vin will the 750 board drop out of regulation?

Thanks!

Jon

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
StoneDog said:
How efficient is this board and at what Vin will the 750 board drop out of regulation?

Thanks!

Jon

[/ QUOTE ]

Please check the "VIP driver for possible sale" thread in the Homemade & Modified lights section. Efficiency etc has been covered there. The 750mA version can run from a 123 or 2AA Nimhs.

george.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ledaholic said:
Got mine today! Thanks Geo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to hear. As of this minute (these drivers seem to be quite popular!), all orders that I've either received the paypal or the cheque, have either been a) shipped or b) are packaged up to ship out tomorrow.

I've been busy building/testing/packing VIP drivers the last few days.

Thanks everyone for your interest!

Hmm, wonder if I have any extra Lionheart drivers floating around... Just joking!

cheers,
george.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
got mine today too

wonder if you can tell us what value R1 and R2 used in the VIP. or is that a secret? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
The value for the Low on the VIP is not recommended due to the slight weirdness (at 30mA) with the ultra-dim and also the way it runs with the 2AA nimh tube. But that was what I insisted on, and thus George made it so for this steadfastly durn fool. However about 50mA is the recommended low, according to George.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Got mine today also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (Now, what to do with them....)

Larry

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey Lar,

I wanna see a CR2-sized THREE-LEVEL dimming light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif