Least expensive water resistant SF light

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious what is the least expensive SF light that is water resistant.

I noticed in the pictures on the SF web site that the NRA Combatlight (G2Z-BK-NR), $75 has a different tailcap than the G2. Maybe?

Or can you buy the G2Z tailcap by itself? $34 + ??

Or the 6P? How does the water resisance of the G2Z compare to the 6P?

Hmm.

Thanks,

-john

Azreal911

Enlightened
all surefires are water resistant i thought the g2 has no problem in the rain as long as you don't use the momentary switch. and only use twist on and off should be no problem. once it's tightened down and on it should be able to survive dunkings in puddles and such.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at my G2 tailcap and it sure didn't seem very water resistant.

-john

youseelabruin

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
John N said:
...Or can you buy the G2Z tailcap by itself? $34 + ??...

[/ QUOTE ]

I read one post in here that said the tailcap can be purchased direct from SF for $5.99.

Spacemarine

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
youseelabruin said:

I read one post in here that said the tailcap can be purchased direct from SF for $5.99.

[/ QUOTE ]

$5.99 doesen't sound like a surefire price for a complete tailcap.... Perhaps they meant only the rubber or something like that.

youseelabruin

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Spacemarine said:
[ QUOTE ]
youseelabruin said:

[/ QUOTE ]

$5.99 doesen't sound like a surefire price for a complete tailcap.... Perhaps they meant only the rubber or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does seem a little too inexpensive. I haven't called to confirm because I am afraid they might raise the price if I just ask /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I also found a post that someone got the G2Z bezel/lens for only $14 back in May.

Link to thread. Thanks History!

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
All my G2's have the Pyrex lens (standard on the G2Z), it's about $14 from SF. Much better scratch and heat resistant than the original lexan lens.

Just a tip: if you use the URL function you'll eliminate the annoying HUGE http address thing. The address in the above post can be cut down to This

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know the part number of the pyrex lens assembly?

Thanks,

-john

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also noticed the E2E Satin Grey is $75. That makes the list look something like this I think:

NRA Combatlight (G2Z-BK-NR) = $75
G2 ($34) + Z41 ($14) tailcap = $48
6P = $56
E2E Satin = $75

-john

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
One little wrinkle. I was going to order my dad the NRA G2Z for Xmas, and I didn't realize that they require you to enter your NRA membership number when you order. I'm not already a member so it kind of changes the short term cost (although I think the 1yr membership is only something like $20 so you could make this up pretty quickly).

BTW, why the big price difference between the E2E satin and E2E HA III? Are the lights otherwise the same? The pics show a different style, but I'm not sure if they are accurate.

-john

fivebyfive

Enlightened
The price for a G2Z tailcap (lock-out) for sure isn't $5.99. I checkecd on this a while back with Surefire and I remember the price being as expensive as a whole new G2. Some ridiculous price. I know for sure because I didn't buy one. It doesn't matter if you're buying one to replace an old tailcap or buying one to just to have the lock-out feature. It's the same price.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I forgot to update here. I purchased a Z41 and tried it, but it didn't operate correctly. You'd have to purchase one of the clickies. I can't recall the exact price, but they are more expensive.

-john