Christmas Gift Suggestions

lenny

Newly Enlightened
Well, it's time I bought my daughters each a good flashlight for Christmas.
LED makes sense cuz I don't want them to have to mess around with changing blown bulbs.
AA batteries also make sense cuz they're plentiful and cheap. So, what's the best single or double AA LED light out there?
I guess since they're girls, it wouldn't hurt if the light looks cool also.
Thanks, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Lenny

Brooks

Newly Enlightened
I would pick the Streamlight Jr Luxeon LED. I just go a Q-III and was surpised at how little difference there was in the light output of these 2 lights. The SL Jr is by fare the best value and is a very nice light, plus it uses cheap rechargeable NiMH batteries.

lenny

Newly Enlightened
Any other choices?
I kinda wanted to keep the price around $30 for each light.
Lenny

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the Dorcy lights?? The one's at Target??

Blades

cognitivefun

Enlightened
my Q-III has much more light than my SL Jr. I do think either one would make a great gift.

jbfla

Newly Enlightened
just my opinion...

for a gift for non-flashaholics:
...no custom lights
...no 123s, or unusual batteries

Lenny is headed in the right direction:
a readily available, commercially made, LED bulb, with AA batteries (or other common battery type) is what to look for...

The QIII is a great little light with a cool/cute factor...as is the Inova X5, but they use 123's...

JB

SolarPowered

Newly Enlightened
How about the Costco AA Luxeons? They look really cool, they use 2 AA batteries, and you can get 2 of them for something like $27.95.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. UKE 2AAA eLed - Small and really unobtrusive, long runtime too.
2. Eternalight (Ergo maybe) - Long runtime, fancy functions, compact and runs on 3AAs.
3. Gerber Infinity Ultra - Nice runtime and rugged, decent brightness, totally rocks though!!
4. Peak 3 Led AA - Decent runtime and brightness, almost bombproof.

Oh, and all 4 mentioned above runs Lithiums as well (be it AA or AAAs), so they never have to worry about the batteries leaking or such. Hope it helps... good luck!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a 1 AA light, I prefer the inova X1. The spot is bright so you get a 'wow' factor when they first try it. It has a great feel too.