Where do you store your flashlights?

mike2004

Newly Enlightened
For those of us that own numerous lights, what, if anything do you keep them in? I guess you wouldn't just leave them lying around the house and such. The one's that you keep in the house that is since I bet that in your vehicles the glovebox or a seat pouch will do.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ones that aren't strategically located for use are in 12 A4 drawers. I've started unloading the non-lithium ones since I'd hate to have a leak.

-LT

riscfaktor

Newly Enlightened
One of those foam-padded hard cases used for photography equipment. Some of them have migrated to the CountyComm bail-out bag I just bought. Misc. ones stashed close at hand on the desk, nightstand, vehicles, etc.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I suppose someone out east could make a wisecrack and say they keep their flashlights in Battery Park.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
I use some plastic box containers--either from the dollar store or a hardware store.

These boxes are either the fishing tackle boxes (see through) or a bigger variety, like a rubbermaid box.
The fishing boxes are great for storing 1-2 123-sized lights and other miscellaneous small parts.

For lights that I use all the time, however, I just leave them around in my room or wherever. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yellow1

Newly Enlightened
my mom took a pottery class, and one year for christmas she gave away ceramic cups... mind you the paint is poisonous, so ya can't eat off it... it's been sitting in my closet for a few years now, and i just noticed it was a perfect height for my flashlights. i popped a bit of foam in on the bottom, and stuck the lights in.

i imagine it'd work great as a flashlight holder as well, in the event of a blackout. sadly, we haven't had one yet.

Matsan

Newly Enlightened
I don not have so many lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

So,I usually keet to leave a few lights that I use daily around my room,and rests are kept in a box llike this...

lc01.JPG

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have flashlights in every room I go into on a regular basis and the rest are sitting in a bookcase with one shelf dedicated to just batteries and chargers and one shelf with 30 flashlights, one with sheath knives and sharpening equipment and one shelf with revolver speed loaders, holsters, ear protection, semi-auto magazines and one towel for cleaning up the mess from attempted break-ins.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Store?? I have a shelf that has batteries and cheepie flashlights, but the ones that I actually consider using are everywhere. There's nowhere in my house that you can't take 3 paces and find a flashlight, and this isn't a small house. .

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened
Right now, a lot of them are on my desk for comparisons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ok, at any given time, one lives in my "commuting" shoulder pouch. I've just started carrying a Q-III on my belt, so that's my EDC and backup to the pouch light. One in each glove compartment.

I find push-pins (the things that made thumbtacks obsolete) and lanyards a good combination. I keep one hanging from the lanyard from a push-pin on the backside of my nightstand- out of sight, but very accessable. At one time I kept it behind a headboard the same way. I also keep one of the more powerful ones hanging next to each outside door except the front door, less powerful ones next to entrances to the attic and a poorly-lit unfinshed section of basement. Saves a lot of hassle.