keychain flashlight now that Arc is no longer?

proFeign

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I was wondering if there was a general concensus (or whatever passes for one in the light world) as to which keychain LED is best for EDC? I've been trying to get my hands on an ARC AAA but no dice yet unless I want to cough up $80 on eBay.

I am very familiar with the Photon I/II/III and I just ordered a purple (I had one before; the blacklight effect is neat) Photon Freedom (their new version of the III) and have been happy with them, minus the battery-cost issue, along with a (percieved?) lack of durability.

Anyway, I see that there are other Arc-like LEDs people discuss on here, but none that are currently available, from what I can tell.

Please let me know, and thanks for these great forums!

-proF

PS I've had tons of lights, but my current favorite is the C2 Centurion (SureFire); I like the tactical grip options. Sold my M4 because it was just too much light (if that's possible, you know)...

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You have good taste in lights... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The C2 is a personal favorite too, and it looks great too - somehow the flat, geometric surfaces appeal to me.

But back on topic, are you looking for more power from your keychain light? The Photons are fairly durable. You could probably try something from Peak LED Solutions, which makes something that closely resembles the ArcAAA.

I myself carry the Photon 1 as well as the Surefire E1e+KL1 on the keyring for those moments when I need a lot more power than the Photon can deliver.