streamlight 7 led $21.50

franken2

Newly Enlightened
hi all, haven't posted in a while but love reading this forum. just ordered a streamlight 4aa poly pro 7 led and a infinity ultra from bright-guy for $21.50 each. does anyone have the streamlight? i couldnt find any info by cpf search? i'm adding these to my collection of twentysome led lights. yes i am addicted to led but i guess i could be addicted to worse things. thanks to all for the enormous amount of info on lighting devices tha can be found on cpf
smile.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was unaware of the 4aa Poly Pro 7 LED light until your post. The brite-guy catalog is the only mention I can find of it, and makes no claims about beam intensity. I don't see it on Streamlight's web site.

Please comment on the light after you get it. It sounds like the claimed 155 useable hour run time with diminishing brightness is unregulated, so I have no feel for what what intensity is. I note that PT only claims 150 hours for their 4AA single LED Impact.

franken2

Newly Enlightened
will do. i'm also curious as to the brightness. i'm also very skeptical about mfgs. runtime claims. most are very exaggerated. if i get 50 hours bright light i'll be quite satisfied.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a regular 4AA polypro and the case is decent enough and particularly like the momentary on tail switch. Not as smooth as the Surefires but workable. This looks like the exact same case with a LED head module. Looks like a very good deal for the money. Unlike my regular 4AA polypro, you can probably use lithiums with this light. I'm curious as to how it performs against other 7 LED lights such as the Trek 7 and Lightwave 3000. Of course the runtime is greatly exagerated but having the option of using lithium AA's will give a flatter discharge rate.

franken2

Newly Enlightened
hmmm? thought it was 21.50 yesterday? let me check my invoice, yup 21.50 yesterday, 23.95 today! wonder if streamlight checked this post?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if they would just offer the head? I do not use my Streamlight incandescent polypro anymore and would consider getting an LED head if it was cheap enough.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just emailed AGR for this. No reply so far
frown.gif

Anyone carry this except brightguy?

Alan

franken2

Newly Enlightened
got the streamlight today:) can't post pics (web tv) and don,t have a lightwave3000 or similar 7 led light to compare it to but it easily beat my previously brightest led light the eternalight classic, and i guess it should. my pt impact throws a bit farther but up close, 5 ft or so, the streamlight is way brighter. comes with 4 energizer alks dated 2009 but seems just as bright with a set of rayovac 1600 mah nimh's installed. the switch feels very good and takes a lenghty push to turn fully on. the case seems quite durable, i'll leave it at that until you know who gets his hands on one and fills us in with all the glorius detail we've all come to know and love:) not to keen on the electronics but would recommend this light to anyone looking for a reasonably priced, fairly compact, well built, very bright led flashlight. two minor quibbles, lack of any lube on the threads and o-ring, and a bit of a battery rattle even with the head screwed down tightly, as it should be. nothing even a novice like myself wasn't able to easily fix. just nit-picking. looking forward to many more qualified reviews and sense a lot of happy led light users after acquiring this light:) ps. also got infinity ultra today and it's everything fellow cpf'ers have said it is. a bit brighter than arc aaa which makes it very useable.

Smigel

Newly Enlightened
I also received my Streamlight Poly pro 7 led flashlight. My initial thoughts are, "Boy is this thing bright." The head has the 7 leds arranged in a circle with a blank spot in the middle. It looks like each led is resistored with a 12 ohm resistor instead of just one large resistor for all of the 7 led's. I measured the current draw with the included batteries and was getting a whopping 680Ma. I threw in a set of NiMh batteries and it is still very bright. I imagine at this kind of current draw that the light output will drop over a couple hours of use, but it looks like this light is a real winner.

ake

Newly Enlightened
Just got one too. best bang for the buck for $22 with 7 LEDs!! Only bad thing is that they should include a land yard with it. The box says waterproof, but not by how much though.

One more thing. I think's it's a bit difficult to turn it completely on with your thumb though

Ake

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Dunedain:
His dad is a streamlight dealer so I plan on buy all kinds of things (including a $70 US!) and I'll havw to get one of these too.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you have time, compare the SL-20XL with the SL-35x bulb installed (not stock) to the UltraStinger. My feeling (while not seeing either one) is that the UltraStinger (US), while rated at 75,000 CP, is not as bright or powerful as the SL-20XL with the SL-35 bulb. It just has a narrower, more concentrated beam, thereby getting the 75,000 CP rating.

I mean, the US is a 10 watt, 30 hr bulb, and the SL-35x is a 20 watt, 100 hour rated bulb.

I think, for the size, and runtime, I would rather have a SL-20x with a SL-35 bulb, than an US.

And I have a 7 LED 4 AA ProPolymer light on order from Brightguy.com also!

Ratso

Enlightened
Wow! This thing looks like a real bargain.
Looks like they put a Septor module in the ProPolymer.
Does it have only one brightness level?

Bob Snow

Newly Enlightened
Anyone try one of these with Lithium AA's? Aside from light weight and all temp performance, I suspect the light would stay bright until the end. Just worry about the higher voltage overdriving the LEDs.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I measured the current draw with the included batteries and was getting a whopping 680Ma.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's quite a bit of juice being drawn from the AA's. Can't imagine runtime would be very long at that level. Are you sure your meter is measuring right?

Smigel

Newly Enlightened
I rechecked the current draw a second time using a different meter that I have at work and got about the same results. ( about 680 ma). I loaded a set of nimh batteries and measured a current draw of about 525 ma. I agree that this is a fairly heavy current draw and this is one of the reasons that it is fairly bright. On the package of the light it has a Beam distance over time chart. It indicates that when the batteries are new that it will shine 60 feet and that at after 6 hours that it will decrease to 33 feet and then 20 feet after 9 hours, 10 foot after 65 hours until at 155 hours you get a beam distance of 3 feet. I would guess that in real life you will get about 5 hours of bright light and continue to get a long period of diminished light afterwards, consistent with other non regulated lights.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any of you guys able to compare the light output to a Trek 7 or Lightwave 3000 which are also 7 LED lights?