Best Buy under $50 bucks??

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because that's what I found in my jacket pocket when I got it out this morning. It's excess that's going into the flashlight budget. I'd be willing to go over for shipping, but that's it, the cost of the light itself MUST not be over $50 bucks.

Recommendations??

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened
Quantum III.

I've bought a lot of lights recently, and I think it's easily the best value for the dollar of all the ones I've bought. $48-50 for one, $80 for two.

vtunderground

Enlightened
Batterstation.com has the Inova T3 on sale for $50 on their CPF special page. I'd either do that, or buy a UK 4D Vectra ($23)plus a UK 4AA eLED ($20) from Brightguy.com.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with the Nuwai Q III also. A really nice light. Bright, good run time and compact size. I gave one to my wife to go with her StreamLight Twin Task 2 L.

Can't go wrong with the UK 4AA eLED though.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are all good suggestions for flashlights and I, too, am looking for the right, smaller sized, LED for work.

Anybody needing a great 4D lantern should consider vt's recommendation of UK's Vectra. It runs equally bright on NiCd cells and the rep. claimed their 18 watt lamp can be substituted for the, two, 5.8w that come with it.

The 18 watter will only work well with rechargeable D cells due to the heavy current consumption. The on-off switch also selects which lamp is connected by rotating the switch. You could keep the 5.8w in one socket and install the 18w in the other and have your choice of brightness levels.

I haven't tried this yet and am just passing on what the UK rep. said in an e-mail.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is a great time to be a flashaholic!

look at all the incredible lights under $50!

wellll, at least my wallet will drain a little slower...

Bob

FNG

Enlightened
Well, it really depends on what you want the light for. I know you said it MUST be under $50 but the Streamlight TL-3 Xenon is $52-$53 and id get that (assuming you only have the lights in your sig).