FAvourZ 3 in One Light (FLOU/XENON/LED )

SidewindR

Newly Enlightened
FAvourZ 3 in One Light (FLOU/XENON/LED )

HI,
received this puppy
ay
yesterday.. and i must
:
say.. WOW
ordered it from 'Lifestyles from a post right here on CandlePower
Furums,
wow wow .
popped the batteries included of course,
turned it on the first setting , nice little glow
another push activates the full
6!! LED whites.. next push is off next
:
is XENON . between this is very powerful and takes the cake brighter than any of my hand torches other than the 2 Million candlepowers (3) i have
but it's sure pretty, with fully adjustable flood to spot on the dial..
next push is
: Florescent.. this is peculiar.
the tube is no bigger than the inside of a cheap pen that is a tiny straw but it puts out more light that it would seem possible. and actually looks MORE like LED light than the LED settings itself!! and to be honest i'd get more light using the 6
:LED setting than this. but not bad for camping i suppose as it is more evenly spread?
anyhow i put this baby in my bathroom on LED 3 and 6 mode it went from dark to lighting up everything nicely, about half dim as the (25 WATT bulb AC i have in there) then i went too XENON.. and it MATCHED the lighting in that bathroom. unreal hah.. anyhow for $24 or whatever it was this BLOWS AWAY EVERYONE as an all around cool rubber armored light.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds Good

Can we have a pic or a link as i'm not sure i know the flashlight in question

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
So how exactly does the switch work? It goes through all the lighting options in sequence or can you select which lighting option you want right away?

Saaby

Flashaholic
Is the 6th push END or is the 6th push GOTO #1
wink.gif

SidewindR

Newly Enlightened
hi,
yes i agreee :
Quickbeam
it would, i would hope they could
do it like the military version
jog dial switch thingy,
but those are hard to get

SidewindR

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
anyone else know or have tested this light against all others??

how does it standthe submersable
test??
well.. i could imagine this light
with 24 LEDs or something as a near
SPotLight mega kilocandle power
killer.. but who knows. when we will have something to rival that in LED form

freeze12

Enlightened
I just received 2 of the light's from Lifestyle's yesterday & I also agree...great light the 6 LED's really put out some light!!It is well worth the money.The CCFL put's out as much light as the Energizer Arc White. The 6 LED's are configured such that they are in a circular pattern in the reflector..great idea as those led's really pump out light in that configuration. The center bulb is a Xenon bulb focusable & very bright. Light run's off 4 AA's.
Battery Life...
CCFL:eek:ver 7 hour's
Xenon:3.5 hour's
3 LED:80 hour's
6 LED:50 hour's

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened
I got one of these Friday.

Here are some general notes.
* It's smaller than I expected. Only about <EDIT>7"</EDIT> long, with about 2.5" diameter bezel.
* There is a unique system for loading the 4 AA batteries. You twist the two-part cap countercockwise to unlock it, and then the cap slides out on a flexible rail that keeps it attached to the flashlight body. Neat. You're not likely to loose this cap.
* The unit arrived with an <EDIT>8.5"</EDIT> break-away lanyard attached. It is just barely long enough to stretch over the bezel, so it might be useful as a sling to hold the flashlight to an overhead branch.
* 4 Panasonic Heavy Duty AA's are supplied in the package. (Haven't tried it yet w/lithiums.)
* There are O-rings both fore and aft and it should be water resistant. The unit does not appear to be waterproof though. The CCFL lens doesn't appear to be watertight.
* Both LED modes give a decent beam pattern. The LED's are set in a reflector, so there are some rings, but not terribly noticeable ones IMO.
* The 3-LED mode is quite bright (too bright for some uses). I'd like to see a 1-LED mode.
* The 6-LED mode is nice and bright. It's about as bright as "hyperbright" on my Photon Fusion 6-LED headlamp. The Fusion has, I think, a nicer beam pattern though.
* The Xenon mode gives a bright, penetrating beam with good throw. In this mode, the beam is supposed to be focusable by rotating the bezel. I've found it is only marginally focusable though because the bezel's threads run out too quickly. The Xenon beam pattern has a strong tendency for "black hole".
* The CCFL mode makes for a nice hands free task light.

Cons:
* The CCFL does not appear to be replaceable. The instructions somewhat confirm this by asserting that it will never need to be replaced. I'd just like to get in there to paint some GITD stuff on the reflector.
smile.gif

* It can be easy to "miss" (click past) the CCFL mode, because there is a slight delay before it comes on the first time when it hasn't been activated for a while. I usually have to cycle through twice to find it the first time.
* There is some side-to-side battery rattle on this unit.
* The switch emanates a pronounced click when activated.
* The packaging is that maddening plastic bubble type that requires a good deal of patience, and a sharp pair of scissors to deal with. Not real easy to get everything out w/o chopping up the instructions.

I bought this light for general use around the house. The CCFL mode should be especially handy during the occasional lengthy power outage. Overall, I'm pleased with this flashlight, and may even get a couple more at some point to keep in the cars.

9/1/02:
Note, I edited a couple of the dimensions given above in the original post.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just about to order a couple 7 LED 4AA Streamlights. Hmmm.

I see where The LED Museum had brought this (FLOU/XENON/LED ) light to the attention of the CPF. Wish he had both lights.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Dang it!! CPF spends my money AGAIN. SidewindR, do you know if it outhrows the Ultrastinger? I'm sure gonna find out!!
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I bought one just now. Whos got beamshots for this light?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey guys, what type of incan bulb is it using? Does it have a pr base? I want a meaner bulb in that thing, once I get it!!

,Steve

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened
Originally posted by Luminance:
Hey guys, what type of incan bulb is it using? Does it have a pr base? I want a meaner bulb in that thing, once I get it!!

,Steve
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hehe. Modding a flashlight you don't even have yet.
grin.gif

The bulb looks like a standard PR base - though I've not removed it yet (would rather not touch the bulb). The instruction sheet specifies a 4.7V 0.4A Xenon. What do you have in mind for replacement?