Emergency Light Replacement

lenny

Newly Enlightened
Man, this place is gonna send me to the poor house.
At one point it was knives and I bought lots of them.
My wife protested.
So I slacked off knives.
But then flashlights caught my interest.
So I started with one little L4, then a C3, now Christmas gifts are gonna be flashlights and my latest idea:
replace the old 3 x C Maglight Emergency lights with something better.
So what would you suggest for basic, hang on the wall in case of emergency lights?
Gotta be LED, gotta put out more light than the 3 x C Maglights, and gotta be either C or AA cell batteries, preferably only 2 of each.
Oh, and try to keep the cost around $40 each.
Have at it and, thanks again.
Lenny

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Lenny, don't worry, we won't tell her if you don't!! I'd suggest for that price and to keep it really 'subtle', get a Everled or similar Led PR bulb drop in module and replace the stock bulb in your existing Mags. You can then run them of Lithium cells (if there is such a thing as Lithium C cells) and have a long term storage light thats as bright as your stock.
For $40 each, there's plenty of these around, maybe not quite hang on the wall type, but still small enough to remain hidden till needed... The UKE 4AA eLed is a popular choice here, and they can be bought for as low as $20 each! Drop in some Lithium AAs and you're good to go for the next say, 10 years or so? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SolarPowered

Newly Enlightened
Lenny, she's right--you're spending too much money on flashlights. Tell her that you're giving up flashlights, and taking up golf... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lenny

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, but I really hate golf.
My other passion(s) involve 2 wheels: Motorcycles and Mountain Bikes.
Lenny