Another reason to get Pilas, the T3

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I wrote that the X0 uses a Pila 168s I thought I'd let you know that the Pila also works in a T3 (I just got one). It seems I'm reselling myself on the Pilas all the time.

There's no telling how much I save by using these guys but once you get over the initial purchase they make a lot of LED lights really "guilt free". Though I'm not certain I ever felt guilty about using a light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FlyUSArmy

Newly Enlightened
I found a Pila 168S to ALMOST fit in my T3, but not quite. It binds up on the way in. Perhaps if the outer layer plastic wrapper were removed from the Pila. But I have previously got a Pila stuck in a light that was too tight for it and don't want to do that again. As you know, you have access to the battery from only the tail end on the T3. I have two 168S cells and both off them are too tight for my T3. In my experience, I would not call the T3 Pila compatible.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry if you haven't seen the posts but I mentioned in other threads that threre are 2 layers of labels. I peeled off one to use it in the X0. The T3, at least the one I've got, has no problems fitting a Pila. (Credit to Balrog where I first heard of it.)

Perhaps you could try the one layer label trick and report back. Part of the problem is the second layer holds 2 paper inserts that tell the mAH and battery name e.g. 150s. The papers are thicker than the actual plastic label.

Good luck,
LT

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I have to agree with FlyUSArmy that a fear of getting batteries stuck in a battery tube would also prevent me trying.I've also done it once and ruined a flashlight trying to get them out. Once bitten........?
Doug

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand your concerns. It's the reason I started the X0 thread in the first place. I was going to bore out the light but it turned out that a peeled Pila slips in.

I use no force other than gravity to get it in or out. Of course YMMV.

I just want to reiterate, if you've not tried the peel you might consider it. I really like the rechargable X0 and T3.

Good luck,
LT