Just bought Surefire X200

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I just bought Surefires X200A. I know I have heard complaints about the switch from other members and was wondering what they didn't like about it. The reason I ask is I'm wondering if there is a problem with mine....if not it SUCKS!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif It is very stiff and very unsmooth. When mounted on pistol you can hardly with one finger lock it on. I don't think it has a very positive lock when turned to the on position either. Seems to me it could easily switch to the off position when firing. The momentary works fine. All you have to do is push in on it. It works good.

Another question is does anyone know if they will be adding a remote switch. Something that can be mounted on the grip or similar.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
A remote is in the works. I have no experience with a mounted X200 but I have seen and handled a few with variations in the switch action not uncommon. You might find that it will "break in" to a noticible amount. Whether this is enough?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
perhaps the inital stiffness of the switch is a hint that you can become familiar with the new light as practice and train with it. They do ease with use. It's nothing to be concerned about.

If it does not ease up you can call SureFire and explain the situation. I'm sure they'd send you a replacement switch plate.

Al

GoldenLoki

Newly Enlightened
Switch was stiff on mine at first, but is much better after some use.

FWIW mine has never turned off from the constant on position while firing (used on a Sig 1911 and Kel-Tec 9mm Sub 2000) It does turn off upon firing when used in the momentary mode.

Pretty good light, but I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the release of a remote pressure switch.

GL