Streamlight Strion

The Wolf

Newly Enlightened
Got my Strion from Botach yesterday. It's small, it's rechargable, no more guilt about burning up 123s. However, I'm slightly disappointed in the brightness, it's quite a bit less bright than my surefire M2. For 80 bucks though, hard to go wrong, if I find them a bit cheaper at some point, I'll get at least one more to mount in my truck.

One interesting note though, the charger doesn't charge if the temp is below 20F, so I guess I won't be putting one in the horse trailer...

cognitivefun

Enlightened
I enjoy my Strion. It is quite bright. It could always be brighter, but what couldn't? It is too bright for many tasks so that necessitates buying and carrying additional lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HesNot

Enlightened
I suppose brightness is a relative thing. My Strion was noticeably brigher than my E2e which was my small light benchmark. Great throw as well and certainly guilt free. I am making every effort these days to consolidate into rechargeable lights.

Krit

Enlightened
My Sterion is seem to not bright as A2 and E2 when use within 10-20 meters distance. But it make very good throw than A2 and E2 about 50-100 meters.

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
I just got a strion a week ago.
I've gotta say, it's pretty bright.
It may not appear so, because of it's very tight hotspot, but that makes for excellent throw!
It easily out-throws the E2e.
Also, considering the size, and the fact that it's rechargable, I'd say it's very good value.

cognitivefun

Enlightened
how would you compare Strion with E2E in terms of overall brightness?

BTW, I like the way you can focus the Strion so the hotspot can be made wider.

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
According to www.flashlightreviews.com :

E2 - Throw (1325 lux), Overall (4000)
Strion - Throw (7246 lux), Overall (5000)

So you can see that the throw is much greater on the strion, and overall output is slightly greater. So overall, the Strion wins (especially when it comes to throw).

It is not as good for close-up work, however, due to it's tight hotspot. But that's what I got a Q-III for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cognitivefun

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
It is not as good for close-up work, however, due to it's tight hotspot.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it does focus, so you can eliminate the hotspot if you want to...

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
Yea.. you're right.
But then the beam isn't smooth, you get the dreaded black hole in the middle.
Still functional light, though.

Latest posts