Best Place to Get A QIII

Tentou

Newly Enlightened
OK, OK, I've tried to resist long enough...I've GOT to have a Nuwai QIII. I've looked around the Net and most Google links simply point to here or the review sites. Yahoo! shopping has none and I don't do EBay. I tried checking out the Dealer's Corner, but didn't see any specific listings for QIII's.

Maybe I am blind...no, wait, I nearly am. That's why I need a good Lux3 light!

Where is the best place to get a QIII? And if this belongs in another category, please let me know...I'm still sort of new here.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto what WallaceD said. I had no plans to buy one, but saw the banner add here at CPF and ended up ordering one. Nice light. Not perfect, but close - small and bright.

best regards

villadrive

Newly Enlightened
Hi PowerNoodle,

What would make it perfect? I am looking for a good, small light, over 65 lumens, etc. This one looks awfully good. Wondering what you would improve on it.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
villa - the Q-III is not going to be over 65 lumens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif If you want a small light that does over 65 lumens... well, maybe a 1.5x123 tube and a L4 head might work... maybe.

It is, however, one of the better 'cheap' lights you can get and with a little work can be REALLY good.

Tentou

Newly Enlightened
I'm hoping to EDC it and I can always get it modded if I want to put something unique on it...like a mount so I can use it for a video light!

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened
I bought two from ViKi/Warren in the thread on the B/S/T forum, that $80/2 includes shipping, so it really is cheaper.

Very pleased. No, they're certainly not perfect, but it's a very good value, and not steep enough that you're afraid to EDC and really USE them. Personally, I'd be more hesitant to put a $200 light to hard use.

Shortcomings: The package says "up to 75 lumens", but that's just nonsense. Visually, it's something like 3/4 as bright as an L4. The lens is acrylic, the anodizing is type II, and it's got one of those mildly irritating Chinese switches that goes "on" on the upstroke, so there's no real momentary.

Still, it's the only thing I've seen in it's size range that puts out NEARLY that level of light for less than $50, and the size, IMHO, is what makes it so desirable. It at least HAS a clicky, so you don't need two hands, and it comes with a belt pouch- maybe not the sturdiest, but functional. The beam, IMHO, is an excellent compromise for typical use, and very clean.

[ QUOTE ]
and with a little work can be REALLY good

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I'm open to suggestions- what work? Thread?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
See the Pimped Out Q-III thread in the Modified/Homemade Lights forum by Milkyspit. He'll upgrade your Q-III for you for a price, but that includes two-stage switching. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I've caught one or two references to mods, but couldn't find them in search for some reason.

Tentou

Newly Enlightened
I PMed Mr. Spit about getting a mod. I might have to pull out the airbrush and paint some flames on it after he's done. That QIII is like a customized hot rod.