more urget car p[robs was with freind today going

raggie33

*the raggedier*
we was on i85 motoer was doing great but all a suden car jerked a bit and then we pulled over and car wouldbt move in gear any gear car was at a stand still but didnt move in gear when we aceltated. soon as it was put in park it made the sound as if someone put a moveing car in park, its a 1992geoprizim aka toyota corollla. the axles apear to be ok but im pulling em just to see if the splines broke off any ideas? man this has been a bad monthhhh me n dad got in fight so i was home early i mean argument not fight im hard headed somedays /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
May of lost your balls out on the highway.

I would just jack up one and then the other where the drive wheels are, carefully put it in gear after hitting the parkig brake and see if that wheel in teh air turns. Maybe kick the wheel to see if it is just freewheeling or has some force. Then the other side. The side with less force is likely where the problem occured. Then you have two cvc joints, inner and outer. Its cheaper to replace the whole axle in most cases and easier. Of course you can look for a turn boot or just wiggle the axle halfs and see which one has more play in it.

Thats just if its the axles or a cvc joint.