Aleph LE + Arc LS head ! *PICS*

Miciobigio

Enlightened
*** I hope that Don , don't read this post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif ***

Let me start from the end.

What is this ?

11170009.jpg

It is an Arc LS NexGen 3W driven at 1000 mA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The fun thing is that the Aleph Light Engine fits the Arc LS1 and LS2 head !

Just screw the Aleph LE into the Arc LS2 head or into the Arc LS1 bezel :

Into Arc LSHP.
11170017.jpg

11170016.jpg

Into an Arc LS1:

11170007.jpg

11170008.jpg

And then ?

Well, the Aleph LE is taller then the Arc board so you can't use the Arc twisty ( maybe you can use a CR2 with the twisty ) i used the Arc 2x123 power pack and a Pila Li-ion 150S with the addition of 2 little magnets.

This set-up works great with every Aleph LE ( NG-3W and BB-5W ) and both the Arc LS1 and LS2 heads.

11170018.jpg

11170013.jpg

11170012.jpg

And this is an Arc LS1 + Aleph LE BB750 LuxV :

11170011.jpg

If you have some Arc heads with no electronics inside .... the Aleph LE is a way to do the job .

I know that this is not a very smart thing , but it's a lot of fun !! ( almost for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

kaseri

Enlightened
Well done !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
WoW ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
It is a *very* smart thing Marco ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Now if one could find a way to use the CR123 with the twisty this would make one hell of a small bad-*** light .... which is modular !
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif I WANT ONE ....
bernie

kaseri

Enlightened
Marco,

will the 1x123 clicky tailpack work with this ? I have my Aleph here with me but I dont have my empty Arc bodies here with me.Maybe a cut down reflector would allow the use of a 1x123 twisty.

Miciobigio

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
kaseri said:
Marco,

will the 1x123 clicky tailpack work with this ? I have my Aleph here with me but I dont have my empty Arc bodies here with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

1x123 clicky + 123 .... nope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
1x123 clicky + CR2 .... don't know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif i haven't CR2 batts .

McGizmo

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

kaseri

Enlightened
You sould be able to remove the optics then screw down the metal retaining ring to secure the lens. That should allow the LE to have enoough room for adjustment to any 1x123 pak. It would be a flood beam for sure. Now all we need to do is figure out if a reflector can be cut down to the proper size.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Well gentlemen, let me be the first to say ... I AM IN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Kaseri and Bernhard :

Have a look at this pic, on the left the original Arc board+optics , in the middle the Aleph LE , on the right a 17mm reflector ....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11170019.jpg

Kiessling

Flashaholic
oh ... dito on the " /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif " ...
thanx anyway Marco!
bernhard

P.S.: didn't Jets22 bore out some twisties to accomodate for longer driver assamblies?

Miciobigio

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
... CUT ...
P.S.: didn't Jets22 bore out some twisties to accomodate for longer driver assamblies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes , i've tried also one of Jets 's twisty .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

kaseri

Enlightened
Well it looks as though a reflector is out of the question. We can always screw down the metal retainer ring to secure the lens and then adjust the LE so that we will be able to use any 1x123 battery pack. That would give us a nice flood beam but no real throw to speak of. It looks like the LE is just about the same height as the stock board/led/optics so I think this will work.

Miciobigio

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Zman said:
It doesnt look like the Light engine threads match the Arc ones. Do they?

[/ QUOTE ]

They match !
Or you don't belive to my Pics ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Arc threads , match Surefire threads that match Aleph ones.

mahoney

Enlightened
The threads on the ARC LS battery packs and on SureFire E series are 13/16-20. Same as the Aleph Light engine. I was actually wondering how long it would take for someone to try this.

You could possibly cut the E-can down some to save some height, but then the light engine wouldn't be backwards compatible to the Aleph.

The First Run ARC LS twisty AA battery packs can be bored out to fit a 123 (fat AA is best but skinny AA and 2AA are thick enough too, TSP 2AA would have VERY thin walls after boring for 123 but could hold CR2s)

If you turned the shoulder off of an Aleph or Balrog body, these should also fit an ARC LS, as will a Scorpion battery pack. And there's always the UHB. All this suggests some interesting modding posibilities, doesn't it.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
IMHO the main point here is to try to get to the little Arc twisty style light for size considerations that the Aleph Series cannot offer (yet). But apparently this will be difficult at best ...

bernhard

Miciobigio

Enlightened
Bernhard,

i think that we need a "little extension tube" with the lenght of the "AlephLE - the lenght of the Arc board" , this can be done cutting an Arc twisty and .....

The modders with a lathe out there, seems to hate making these adaptors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Miciobigio

Enlightened
HERE IS ANOTHER ( EDIT : NOT BETTER )IDEA :

take the Aleph2 head , replace the Mc-17 reflector with a Sx017 reflector ( which is a lot less deep ) screw the Aleph-LE more deep inside the body , now you can use an arc twisty as power pack ????.

I've tried this but the thread inside the Aleph2 head are not deep enough !

But this is the way to go!!!!! We could ask Don to make some Aleph2 heads with the inside thread more extended , then we could fit a sx017 , an AlephLE and we could use EVERY Arc powerpacks !!! also the 123 twisty !!!

Edit : this is proved to be not possible !

11170020.jpg

kaseri

Enlightened
I'd like a couple of those heads if Don would be willing to make them!