Yay, backpacking trip next week! Lights??

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
can't wait! 4 days on the AT- roan mountain area. just me and my brother.

i always have the toughest time deciding which light(s) im gonna take.

so far i think im definately taking:

SL Luxeon tasklight
Energizer LED folding lantern
energizer 4d flourescent lantern /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif(i know it's heavy, but just in case we have no luck with fire-supposed to snow)
Ultra-G
UK 4aa eled
.........hmmmmmmmm...................

my poor PT attitude needs to see some use though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
well the tasklight is still kinda "new" to me, just got it a few weeks ago, so im kinda still wanting to test it out. plus it is more of a powerhouse for when i may need to spot something in the distance. the eled..........well it's just a great no-guilt-use light with the awesome regulation.

hmmmm..............

decisions, decisions

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
and the Blaster Jr is staying home? jeez, that's its territory! haha

[/ QUOTE ]

grrrr /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif, you're not helping! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pack something you can sigal with, I reccomend the Eternalight/EliteMax with built in S.O.S. One never knows when one's *@&!^ is going to be hanging out.

chiphead

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
better bring your thor also... in case you get lost.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

tygger

Enlightened
What? no headlamp? at least try to bring a tikka or PT Aurora for great hands free area lighting. 2 areas where you'll be thankful you brought one. Cooking/eating and gathering firewood. hope i didn't cause a dilema. i go through the same thing every time i go backpacking. sounds like an awesome trip.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
May I also suggest enough batteries to support what ever light you bring for at least a weeks.

chiphead

p.s

Please get a weather report!

turbodog

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
JOshooter said:
For usefulness if you have an Eternalight, I'd deffinately take that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll 2nd that. Eternalight elitemax..... nice

Put a lanyard on it and hang it from your neck.

evanlocc

Enlightened
I will bring the 1AA-5LED or 1AA-8LED and bring 2 extra Akaline AA for backup. Of couse this is the camp site light which give more light then the Ultra-G.

The most important ....have a nice trip!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
I think you oughta take 'em all and buy several more lights before you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

why am i not surprised by this little bit of advice?

LOL!

Bob

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chiphead said:
Pack something you can sigal with, I reccomend the Eternalight/EliteMax with built in S.O.S. One never knows when one's *@&!^ is going to be hanging out.

chiphead

[/ QUOTE ]

i've got a safety light for that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif 4 red leds with different strobe modes.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tygger said:
What? no headlamp? at least try to bring a tikka or PT Aurora for great hands free area lighting. 2 areas where you'll be thankful you brought one. Cooking/eating and gathering firewood. hope i didn't cause a dilema. i go through the same thing every time i go backpacking. sounds like an awesome trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, forgot to mention that i am bringing a cheapie 3 led Streamlight Clipmate wannabe from wal-mart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif