• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 24K or 18 K Gold electronic plating on your light?

Morganch_oh

Enlightened
I am looking for a member (1 member only) who wish to have their Bare Alum light body to be Gold plated with either 18-24K electronically.

Just mail the body to me and I will have it Gold plated and mail it back to you using registered mailing.

You must take the risk as I hope that the Gold plating done electronically will stay on to the Alum Body.
If theres a deep scratch the silver Alum color may appear.

The service is FREE and all I ask is your feed back.
(you may also pay me a little if you are really satisfy with the end product)

Morganch_oh

Enlightened
a small one around the size of a 1x123 cell body?

Just to make sure would your body still work if I had it totally plate?
(I think it will still work right, cos gold is also a good electric conductor even if the body is totally cover in gold)

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a small body!

Not a lot of bare aluminums that size, let me figure out if I have one that might work.

Maybe take the hard anno off my VIP? A true Gold VIP would be cool!!

Bill

bajaiman

Enlightened
Hey...are you willing to take a second body??...thinking to plate my Aleph 1/2x123/Mc2ES. I'll bring it to you personally in the next 2 weeks as I'm going to Spore for a holiday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think i'll be the US counterpart for this venture as a friend of mine has the machine to do this as well. can't believe i never thought about this though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

im gonna take my SL Luxeon Tasklight to experiment on. will post back.

Morganch_oh

Enlightened
I can only do it for a small body for free, cos my cost is not cheap.

If its sucessful I'm hoping to offer this service at a price around US$50-$100 depending on the size of the light.

For the above price, the members can also decided on either Yellow Gold or White Gold.

[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
Thats a small body!

Not a lot of bare aluminums that size, let me figure out if I have one that might work.

Maybe take the hard anno off my VIP? A true Gold VIP would be cool!!

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Morganch_oh

Enlightened
Sure no problem,

Check your pm

[ QUOTE ]
bajaiman said:
Hey...are you willing to take a second body??...thinking to plate my Aleph 1/2x123/Mc2ES. I'll bring it to you personally in the next 2 weeks as I'm going to Spore for a holiday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hmmm, come to think of it a local friend owns the shop that does this for the Lexus and Mercedes dealerships. I might check with him, too! I know they sell the "Gold Package" on each car for ~$395, but that's with my friend's mark-up plus the dealer's own profit margin on top of that, and when added to the price of a $50,000 car it's not relatively much so I'm thinking the cost should be more in line with Morgan's. Great idea.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: 24K or 18 K Gold electronic plating on your li

Morganch_oh,

I had a light gold plated (24k) and the plater sent it after to a shop in LA that puts on some type of propriatary E-coat with a clear material that is supposed to be very hard and abrasion resistant. Since gold is very soft and the plating is pretty thin, otherwise it wouldn't wear that well. You might want to check into some type of E-coat on your project as well.

Morganch_oh

Enlightened
Re: 24K or 18 K Gold electronic plating on your li

E coat = Electronic Coating?

The method that I'm using is Coating the item using electrically? its the same method if you wanted to change your Yellow gold jewellery into White Gold color or the other way around.
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
Morganch_oh,

I had a light gold plated (24k) and the plater sent it after to a shop in LA that puts on some type of propriatary E-coat with a clear material that is supposed to be very hard and abrasion resistant. Since gold is very soft and the plating is pretty thin, otherwise it wouldn't wear that well. You might want to check into some type of E-coat on your project as well.

[/ QUOTE ]