Ebay Rip-Off ?

DavidTHR

Enlightened
attn: Ebay Experts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

I think I have been ripped off by an ebay seller.

I won a pair of what the seller said was "brand new Oakley sunglasses" and what I received was a pair of FAKE Oakleys.

I am out about $100, and I paid for these FAKE Oakleys using the cash balance in my Paypal account.

This seller refuses to refund my $$$, and ebay tells me I have to wait 30 days to file a claim to get my $$$ back less their $25 "ebay service fee".

I don't know if this means anything, but since the auction ended a few days ago, I see this seller is "no longer registered" with ebay. Should that mean anything to me?

Any ideas on how to get my $$$ refunded for these FAKE Oakleys?

Thanks for your help!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact PayPal immediately, while the guy *may* still have some money in his account that can be recovered.

What was the auction # ?

Peter

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
I would say that you were ripped off, no doubt about it.

That is EXACTLY why I don't do Ebay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif You can be scammed and ripped off SOOO easily, and are usually left out in the cold afterward. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

Good luck! I wouldn't get your hopes up though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

illmatic

Newly Enlightened
hopefully you can somehow get back your money...i've always thought that Paypal would cover any fraudulent purchases if the seller has the PayPal Buyer Protection...which basically says

"offer protection when you pay for an item that you don't receive, or receive an item that is substantially different than what was described in the listing."

if you still have the link to the auction, please post it so future bidders(like myself) know who to avoid! Goodluck and hope you get reimbursed.

Frangible

Enlightened
You can always file a report with the police and a suit in small claims court.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
I would say that you were ripped off, no doubt about it.

That is EXACTLY why I don't do Ebay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif You can be scammed and ripped off SOOO easily, and are usually left out in the cold afterward. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

Good luck! I wouldn't get your hopes up though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I might point out that you can get scammed and ripped off in brick and mortor stores as well, you just need to becarefull and use inshurance when possible. I my self would not have the hoard that I have if it was not for Ebay simply because there are items on Ebay that simply are next to imposible to find localy. Knock on wood but I have been on ebay for around 3 years and have done 109 transactions and have never gotten ripped off or had to leave negitive feedback, I did have a close call with a $3000 buck catalin radio that had a hidden repair that was not disclosed but the seller did give Me a refund, I belived the seller did not know it had been repaired as it was a well done job that would have fooled most people. Anyway the rule of thumb for Me is if it smells, looks or tastes like fish, leave it alone.
Personaly I would keep E-mailing Ebay and then follow thier instructions, take the 75 bucks and concider it a 25 buck learning experance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
One last thing, you some one post the link to that Ebay auction, It could be a vaulable learning tool for the rest of us as there may be tell tail sighns pointing to fraud?

Latest posts