SF factory Clickie E1e: how long it been this way?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
someone said that the E1e now comes with a clickie, no longer the twist,(which is good,don't like them)
before I complete my order from the retailer,(not SF) how long has the clickie been available? I just want to make sure i get one with it. VDG

dtsoll

Enlightened
Voodoo,
the E1e started with a twisty, then went to a clicky for a short while and is now back to a twisty I believe. I could be wrong but I think it is this way??? Others will know for sure! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who knows, there is no official word as far as I've seen. People have said that they've "heard" things about stock clickies, and some have received them too. This has happened before. FWIW, SF said all Executive series light would have clickies on them last year. I think numerous "bugs" in the Z-57 pushed back their implementation to the Executive series lights.

Peter

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was 357 on the "E1e HA" thread in the incan forum:

The click on/off tail switches I think come standard on new E1Es and E2Es and E2Os. I bet that Surefire has this new switch as an assessory part for your E2E. Try Surefire's website.
--------------------------------------
I jusr e-mailed, well see. VDG

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Re: SF factory Clickie E1e: how long it been this

I *think* it has been abt 3 months, but I will-called my E1e at SF (local to me) and it came with a twisty. It was shortly after someone (here) posted theirs had come with the Z57 clikie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif (Mine is clickie now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Larry

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Re: SF factory Clickie E1e: how long it been this

I buy quite a few E-Series Surefires, and I haven't seen any changes lately. Surefire did ship the E1E-HA with the clicky, for a short time, in the spring of '03 and the spring '04. Don't have a clue as to why Surefire did that. I'd hate to see Surefire switch to the Z57 exclusively.

oldgrandpajack

EDIT: Wiping the egg off my face. Surefire has been shipping the E1E with the Z57 recently.