Do Surefire lamp assemblies wear out?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering how long they last. I can't be sure, but I think I remember seeing something about 150hrs before they need to be replaced. Anyone know?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
if the lamps are still working you don't need to replace them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
KDOG3 said:
25hrs?!?!? Thats it? Thats horrible. Then both my 6P and G2Z are long overdue for new lamps.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? 25hrs is very long considering most manufacturer only give you 5 to 6 hours. Like what Chamenos said, if it is still working then use them. Just get a spare ready.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, i do have a P61 that I've hardly used... I guess I could use that if it should become neccessary.

ODatsBright

Newly Enlightened
I beleive I can dig up an email from Surefire as I posed that exact question to them about my E2e. They stated to me 20 hours for the MN03 assemply.

Topper

Flashaholic*
For me thats really alot longer than it seems using lights off and on unless checking run time on a cell I never run one for more than a few minutes at a time. I have had a few misshaps with lamps and for sure blew 3 or more by forgetting what lamp was in switching from recharge to 123's
I have never asked Surefire to replace any blown lamps even though I have heard that they will at times. I also get confused with the E1E and E2E bulbs they look the same to me.

cdf

Enlightened
Surefire rates conservativly not optomistically . I know of a couple that are on the original bulb from the late ninties .

Topper

Flashaholic*
I did not think so however others have asked that in the past at work many times over the last 20+ years. I think stupid would be closer to the mark at times.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dynacolt

Enlightened
I've edc'd my 6P for around 15 years and can only recall replacing the lamp twice. the last time was about 5 years ago and I put in a P61. I use it daily, sometimes short bursts and flashes, sometimes for several minutes and one time it ran flat in my holster burning a nice hole in the flap (why did I not catch on fire?). A new set of 123's and the P61 continues with no problems (but I always carry a spare and spare cells and spare light and spares for that)
Dave.