Hey Craig...you ever seen these L.E.D. flashlights??

Cutter

Enlightened
I ran across these Eddie Bauer Opto E-lights at Target a couple of months ago. I didn't buy one then but am thinking of going back and checking them out. They have 3 versions. The little keychain light is really tiny and uses some kind of funky lithium tube battery.

http://www.ebtx.com/mech/optolite.html

remuen

Enlightened
These flashlights must be LedLenser products, which are also known as photon pump (Photonenpumpe). As far as I know it's a German product and they all use some quite expensive batteries. There has been another thread a couple of months ago about these lights. Use the CPF search function with these two catch words and you'll find it.

Just my two cents:
I would buy a ARC AAA instead one of these ....

Cutter

Enlightened
Thanks remuen,

I'll check that old thread out. The back of the package on these lights mentions Coast Cutlery out of Portland, OR but also states that they were made in China.

Dan out

Jumi

Enlightened
This baby has lot of names
smile.gif

I bought mine named NaviLite. The shop had also Photonpump but since they cost $15 and Navilite was only $3.5 I let my wallet to choose. Navilite comes without clip but otherwise it looked like exactly the same product, but the leds were not the same. The whites had only about 2-3cd but luckily the led is very easy to replace. (so now I have 2 blue-greens, very nice)

Rene: post arrived. Thanks

Juha

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by Cutter:
They have 3 versions. The little keychain light is really tiny and uses some kind of funky lithium tube battery.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yup, I've got all three.
I believe I have two of them on my site, though one page is only partially finished. And I haven't even had a chance to take pictures or write about the large one yet.

The tiny "cigerette light" uses a fishing lure battery. I keep it on my wheelchair, and only turn it on occasionally to check it. The light output (orangish red) is nothing to write home about, but it's certainly adequate for emergencies, looking for keyholes or dropped keys, changing a broken light bulb, and similar tasks.

The keychain that uses the cheap LR44 button cells (9¢ apiece on ebay is a common price) is of adequate quality for most people; its main attraction for me is the ability to easily swap out the LED for one of a different color. It uses a rubber switch cover that has been known to fall off or get knocked off and become lost; but a spare is included inside the tailpiece.

And the large one is of roughly the same quality as the button-cell version, but uses AA or AAA cells (I forgot which). It's substantially brighter than an Arc, but is nowhere near the quality.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one of the little ones a few months ago, and hung it around my neck. It was quite the cute little pendant, until the switch gave out after about two weeks of MILD use. Whenever I see the signature holes around the rim of a flashlight, I move on.

remuen

Enlightened
Originally posted by The LED Museum:
And the large one is of roughly the same quality as the button-cell version, but uses AA or AAA cells (I forgot which). It's substantially brighter than an Arc, but is nowhere near the quality.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">As far as I can remember it uses not AA or AAA cells but three or four N cells.