PentagonLight L4 5W Luxeon Light

Jefff

Enlightened
Anyone ever had a chance to see one of these in person?

******************PentagonLight L4 5W Luxeon Light*****************
PentagonLight(tm) Professional Flashlights

..From what I have read on the website It sounds like a bad Mama Jama!!!! And judging based from the quality and beam throw of my PentagonLight X2, HA type III, Im sure it would be nothing less. But I can't seem to find anything on them other than the web site post and I guess they are out of stock at this time... just wondering if anyone already had a chance to see or use one could tell me..

Check this out.

"Features"

* 5W Luxeon white light source
* Aerospace-Grade Aluminum Body
* Momentary/Constant On/Off Tail Switch
* Double O-Ring Sealing

"L4 5W Luxeon Light Specs"

Brightness: 90 Lumens
Run-Time: 120 Minutes (Peak)
Batteries: Four CR-123A
Bezel Size: 1.5" or 1.75"

"Description"

PentagonLight L4 is fitted with our proprietary reflector designed for focusing the light generated by the 5W Luxeon light source into a smooth intensified light beam. Luxeon is power efficient and does not need frequent lamp replacement since it will not burn out like the filament of incandescent bulbs. A twist for constant-on and a push for momentary-on PentagonLight signature switch is featured. The pentagon shape tail cap makes it easy for one-hand operation.

Warranty: Limited Lifetime

**And for a Incan Light this one seems even more impressive...**

********************PentagonLight X4 Xenon Light.********************

"Features"
* Xenon Gas-Filled Lamp
* Aerospace Grade Aluminum Body
* Momentary/Constant On/Off Tail Switch
* Double O-Ring Sealing

"Specifications"
Brightness: ***250 Lumens***
Run-Time: ***60 Minutes***
Batteries: Four CR-123A
Bezel Size: 2" or 2.5"

"Description"
A 2" Pyrex glass front lens is featured for shielding the immense heat generated by the xenon lamp. Its PentagonLight signature design with heat sinks for maintaining optimal operation temperature for maximal luminosity makes X4 Xenon the Cadillac of handheld flashlights and the envy of other top flashlight makers. To achieve the impossible, PentagonLight has gone further to created the ultimate X4M Xenon Light. This top-of-the-line product features a 2.5" bezel head housing a mega-size reflector for directing 250-lumen of photons into a straight beam of light. This powerhouse slices through the fog and lights up even the darkest night. Both heads are fitted with our proprietary reflector designed for focusing the light generated into a smooth intensified light beam. The reflector pre-focused at factory for maximal center intensity, but it can be adjusted from flood to maximal to permit additional versatility depending on your usage. A twist for constant-on and a push for momentary-on PentagonLight signature switch is featured. The pentagon shape tail cap makes it easy for one-hand operation.

Now that's what I call a Tactical Light! I can definiatly vouch for they're Product Quality and duribility and flawless Ha III coating on my X2 and for 70 lumens rating on it ouch my eyes... Tuff as a nail so far, I would depend my life on it for getting the light when and where I needed it...

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I am more interested in their lights with 5mm LEDs surrounding a LuxV, and I contacted them for more info, but got no reply after two e-mails.
This isn't too confidence-inspiring, so for now, they are dead in my book. I won't do business with a company that exhibits such a style.
They may redeem themselves though ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Web site says it is currenty not available for sale, I guess it is currently vapr ware.

Is the beam quality as nice as Surefire ? Are the lumen ratings correct ?

Ratso

Enlightened
I requested a catalog several weeks ago, so I assume one is coming. They do have some very unique and interesting designs. I am especially impressed with the multi color 5mm LED and white Luxeon LED lights and also the rechargeable whihc features a lithium 123A backup cell.

hdr_multi_tasking.jpg

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yepp, those are the ones I inquired about. Let us know if you get some info, please !
Judging from the pic with those bare al reflectors I'd say those are just more or less early prototypes though ...
bernhard

Jefff

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Kiessling said:
I am more interested in their lights with 5mm LEDs surrounding a LuxV, and I contacted them for more info, but got no reply after two e-mails.
This isn't too confidence-inspiring, so for now, they are dead in my book. I won't do business with a company that exhibits such a style.
They may redeem themselves though ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the Direct email [email protected] (Attn/TOM).. I have been getting replies to everyone of my emails... I know the last one said he had been on the road out of town.. so maybe they are still trying to get things together.. I did however have my spam filter eat a few.. found them in my bulk mail.. Hope this helps..

Jefff

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
madecov said:
Web site says it is currenty not available for sale, I guess it is currently vapr ware.

Is the beam quality as nice as Surefire ? Are the lumen ratings correct ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will answer this to the best of my knowledge with regards to my X2... I would say beam quality is better than the Surefire lighting products.. with the "orange peel" reflector it gives a flawless intense blinding spot and awesome side spill and great throw...can easily light up an entire dark room just from pointing it up at the celling(SP)with the bounced back light while riding in my rear pocket.. I have also polished the reflector from another X2 lamp assembly, after reading that the smooth ones achieve a bit more throw.. I have noticed a difference in throw but the spot shows artifacts after the Polish job.. but did increase the overall throw..
I am currently trying to find a UCL lens to put into this head to see if that improves it any... It would be a very hard to imrpove upon they're products though .. they have seemed to have hit the nail on the head.. Excellent quality and right on the standards or above that of the Surefire and Streamlight Products... Lumens are correct or understated.. and run time is right on the money..

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Where are they made? Certain ones remind of certain other lights, if you know what I mean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Thanx Jeff, but that was the address I used.
I check my spam-filters personally for each mail, so loosing one is highly improbable.
I'll just wait and see if those lights do ever make it to market ...
bernhard

Jefff

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Where are they made? Certain ones remind of certain other lights, if you know what I mean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this from they're web site...
Pentagon Scientific is the maker of high-intensity PentagonLight™ systems. Our headquarter and manufacturing facility is located approximately 20 miles southeast of San Francisco in Burlingame, California. To visit PentagonLight™, take Highway 101 and exit at Millbrae Avenue. Make turn toward the bay after exiting the highway. Drive for 0.5 mile and make a right turn to get on Bayshore Highway at the traffic light. At the first intersection, make another right turn to get on Cowan Road. {PentagonLight™ headquarter and manufacturing facility is located behind the Bell Building on the right}.

Apparently they are made in the US. From what I can gather..
They seem to be some what new to the online market, Launching the web site back in August of 2004.. Still seems like they are working some kinks out of the online market venture.. I will be paying close attention to them on the market though .. I am very impressed with there products to say the least..:)

Sorry to hear about the email mix up with you though "Keissling", From the several emails I have recieved from the Customer Service department my take would be it was surley not intentional on there part to avoid yours.. Seem like top notch folks to me.. I wouldn't hesitate to send them another email and try to request the info you needed again.. Good luck..

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing that caught my eye right off the bat was look at the placement of the LED's, they have very limited surface space to reflect their light off of? So I would think throw would be very limited, even flood would be impaired by the limited reflective space...

Mobius

Newly Enlightened
Interesting product line... and the company is half way between where I live and San Francisco. I'll stop by and check it out next time on my way to S.F. Hope they have a store front or at least a showroom.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have an X2, and it's an excellent light.

I discovered that the UCL for the Pelican M6 fits the X2 perfectly. From www.flashlightlens.com

As for them being in Burlingame. That's near me, and when I enquired if I could visit, they said "thanks, but no thanks..."

I think the Burlingame location is more of a business park, and not a manufacturing facility. But, then again, I could be wrong...

--dan

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Dukester said:
One thing that caught my eye right off the bat was look at the placement of the LED's, they have very limited surface space to reflect their light off of? So I would think throw would be very limited, even flood would be impaired by the limited reflective space...

[/ QUOTE ]

Throw from a 5mm LED has almost nothing to do with any kind of reflector. The lens is built into the LED. The 'reflector' like on an Arc AAA/AA or CMG Infinity only affects the corona.

Mark

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
On your X-2's what are they using for the lens ?

I inquired about becoming a dealer, but the initial cost is out of my league, I can get Streamlight and Laser devices at wholesale as well as Innova, Pelican , M@g, and ASP at true wholesale and can even order them one at a time if I want.

Jefff

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
madecov said:
On your X-2's what are they using for the lens ?

I inquired about becoming a dealer, but the initial cost is out of my league, I can get Streamlight and Laser devices at wholesale as well as Innova, Pelican , M@g, and ASP at true wholesale and can even order them one at a time if I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lense is either polycarbonate or lexan with scratch resistence on one side only .. I think mine was in backwards because it has scratches on it ... I contacted them about it and asked the DIA of the lens to order another one and they are sending out a replacement in the mail .. real good people..
the lense was crystal clear though when new... but I still want to try out the UCL lens.. anyone know how they hold up? or any gains from using them other than what is already stated on the flashlightlens.com site?