Diff. between G2Z Nitrolon and NRA Combatlight

FlaRe

Newly Enlightened
What is the difference between the two lights?

They look similar but do not share the same price.

What's the better light to get?

Enlightenment please Gurus!

FlaRe

Newly Enlightened
No need to reply. I think I know the answer. They are the same. The only difference is that an NRA seal is printed at the head of the NRA light. The G2Z does not have that.

Am I right?

03lab

Enlightened
Why is the NRA version cheaper though? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

FlaRe

Newly Enlightened
Probably so because given these lights will be supplied in bulk to NRA, a discount can be had from the "original" selling price. Just my thoughts...

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yah, it looked to me that the G2Z and NRA G2Z had the same features. Given the big price difference, it looks like the NRA light is a good deal. Anyone have any thoughts on comparing the NRA G2Z vs the 6P considering the 6P is even cheaper?

Thanks,

-john

DimBeam

Enlightened
Does anyone know if one can buy this light without a NRA membership?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if one can buy this light without a NRA membership? >>>>>>>>

The add in my American Rifleman magazine says NRA members only, but you can order online at www.surefire.com, or call 866-210-4668.

I'll bet they will take your plastic.

mokona2

Enlightened
I think you are supposed to provide your NRA membership number when you order the G2Z-NRA. I have enough lights (for now), but would like to add a G2Z to my collection someday.

UVvis

Enlightened
My understanding is that the NRA-G2Z is only available from NRA and Surefire. I was thinking about getting one as well at some point.

tracker870

Enlightened
I looked at both, and given that I already have been supporting the NRA for many years, I got the plain jane G2Z, $70.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you try to purchase via the Surefire web site, you are required to enter your NRA membership number to proceed. So that is the deal... you are getting a discount for being an NRA member.

-john