What's your coolest flashlight?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
What\'s your coolest flashlight?

So, if you really wanted to impress someone with a flashlight, which one (or two)of yours would you pull out? It doesn't necessarily have to be the brightest, of course. Kinda like showing off your car to the ladies. Features count too. For me, right now it would be my EternaLight Ergo Xray. I like the different features, adjustability, night beacon, and the uncommon shape.

A close second would be my trusty Arc LSL-P with twisty tailcap. It packs a heck of a whollop for it's size. I'm sure I'll replace it sometime with a Lux III of some type eventually, though.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: What\'s your coolest flashlight?

How to impress a woman:
Show her your Eternalight RavenII ... lots of colors and cute functions and finish her with a Jets22 polished Arc LS mod.

How to impress a man:
Force and gadget-factor count here. Hide away the Raven!
Pull out the McLux X-bin scorcher and send the man on the floor with the King of all lights, the SF M6. A cool alternative would be to open the battle with a tvodrd CR2 II killing his much larger MiniMag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Easy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bernhard

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

The "THOR" really impress's people when you haul it out of the trunk of your car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Usually hear comments like......

"Holy ........"
"Jesus........."
"What the ......."
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

Hmmm, my coolest light, lets see.

Id probably have to go with my newly aquired X990 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Not the most impressive looking thing, but once you turn it one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
The THOR gets their attention before you even turn it on though lol.

Also have to vote in my SuperLight III Grip light, good color, nice design, love the grip shape body.

-John

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast

To impress people who are not flashaholics, you have to pull out the brightest light. They are not concerned with or aware of anything else. In my case that is a 14 LED, 3D mag which I made myself.(I made the module myself, not the mag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

To impress a flashaholic, you have to pull out the brightest flashlight in the smallest package with the most freatures... I can't impress flashaholics yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened

Depending on whom I am showing the light to...

For ladies, a Glo-toob or Nite Ize Marker(both from my backpack)or my EDC photon III might do it...

For guys(especially those who are 'Mr. Gadget' or just plain geeky), my EDC Litepro Quasar Ultra Light always gets a 'wow'(bug-detector, uv light, glow in dark, LED all in one...it is definitely a jewel) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Indeed there are many GREAT torches to be had, but I'd have to go with the eternaLight 4Z - EliteMax!

Well, then there's my 5 watt "Eye-Cryin-Cyan" Brinkmann LX mod by none other than Mr. Bulk himself!

Ok...then there's my FireFly IIs, ARCs, McLuxes, Aelph series,...hey, this list can go on and on and on...so if I had to pick one:

eternaLight 4Z EliteMax!!

scuba

Enlightened

I've had stage technicians pretty impressed by Aleph2

Flashdark

Enlightened

Easy,

The Surefire M3 series - for the simple reason that in 60 seconds, you can build it into just about anything. You can configure with a KT-4/A-19/MN61 for 350 lumens of 250 yd. pencil-beam, right on down to 80 lumens of KL6 LED shock-head, and just about anything in between. Weapon-mountable in 5 seconds with the SFM31 "high" mount attached, or just hand hold. Choice of "clickie" or "rotate/on" lockout tailcaps. IMHO, without a doubt, this is the most versatile light in the Surefire inventory. Just my 2c.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Right now it's the LionHeart, everybody I show it to just loves it.

A few weeks ago it was the Aleph 3 on a 1x123 body with the 2 stage McE2s tailcap.

I just received my CPF Edition Orb in the mail and I think it will be a hit, as well. The shape, texture, and switch are intriguing. It's plenty bright for most people's uses as well.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I see I am not as seriously addicted as I thought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*

THOR 10 MILLION CP BIRD COOKER.
After they see that my M4/2 A19's /3 Pila 168s get a "wow let me see that big yellow bas---- again"
YMMV
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
sotto said:
Well, I see I am not as seriously addicted as I thought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Think I'm too easily impressed? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hands down, the SF M6. For maximum output though, the x990. Of course, if you leave these lights on for any length of time, there will be nothing remotely "cool" about either of them.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ask me in a week or two. By then, I should have my Surefire U2s.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

What are the "Thor" and the "x990" lights? Anyone have any pics/info on them? Curious flashaholic minds want to know.

Latest posts