Never Thought I'd EDC 5 Lights

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never Thought I\'d EDC 5 Lights

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that fact but since returning to work I've gone from two or three EDC's to five. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Believe me, but last year before joining the CPF I'd never have imagined how crazy I would become, regarding flashlights.

I actually use the Arc LSL, E2e and penlight several times daily when at work. The Arc AAA and Inova MicroLight were in my pockets before carrying the three extra EDC's for work. I don't notice them so I continue to carry them all.

You wouldn't believe how often I get asked where the E2e and Arcs can be purchased - and how quickly my sanity is questioned after I tell them the cost. Yet, these questioners of my mental integrity continue asking to borrow the lights.

cognitivefun

Enlightened
Re: Never Thought I\'d EDC 5 Lights

yes, you are very sick and need help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I EDC a Strion, Photon Freedom and often a Nuwai Q-III and UK 2AAA eLED, sometimes also a Gerber Infinity Ultra...I am also sick and need help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good grief! I EDC a Surefire 6P or G2Z, thats it.... you guys have a OCD with your EDC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

03lab

Enlightened

I can help you, send all your lights to me for a first step to full recovery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast

KDOG,

do you know that the P60 can blow up without warning, and you need at least one LED backup?

Jayflash,

you are still within reasonable limits with 5 lights, I think.

Anthony

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ray, given that the two pocket carries and AAA penlight aren't taking up valuable space and are hardly noticeable, do they even "count"?

The LSL and E2e are in holsters on opposite sides of my belt which do count because it makes my profile even wider (I'm NOT in need of additional girth!) and are occassonally in the way, a little.

Any recommendations for a small (G2 size or smaller) light that can provide spill like the Arc and throw well too? I'd carry one less light if a good holy-grail-all-in-one-light were availabe and affordable.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

Old CPF saying about backup:

"Two is one and one is none"

Brightnorm

Flashdark

Enlightened

I too am terminally ill. I EDC an L1-RD/F04 for night navigation, an L2/F04 for utility (to be replaced by an arriving U2), and an M3/FM14 as a primary. Found a way to also EDC an additional E1e/KL1 (as a backup, of course!!). Is there any know medication for this disease???!!!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

I remember years ago, I thought I was ahead of the game by putting a Solitaire on my keyring. (I bet that is still more than what the average non-flashaholic carries). Now I have an Arc AAA, Photon III yellow covert, and 2 CountyComm $1 lights (mainly for give-aways) on my keyrings. In my pocket is an Arc LSL-P. That's 5 for me as well. If I'm at work, I also have my NightCutter P20 on my belt.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep, Big Ed, I'm rather confident that most folks don't ECD any light at all, much less the lowly Solitaire. I went through at least five Solitaires from the late '80's until last year when the CPF taught me about the Arc AAA.

Are we just a little brighter than the average bear, or just lucky?

ODatsBright

Newly Enlightened

I'm seriously afflicted then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif...SF L4 on hip, E1e in pocket, MiniM@g with teralux in jacket pocket along with E2e, a photon on second set of keys and whenever it arrives a Peak mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I NEED HELP! LOL

cognitivefun

Enlightened

I may be sick, but I am not ready to admit I need help.

The Nuwai is a backup for the Strion, of course...everyone needs a backup. I forget it's even there.

The Photon Freedom is a last ditch light to backup everything else.

The Ultra Infinity is for low light situations such as going to the bathroom at night in a hotel room where I don't want a major full on light. You never know when you'll wake up in a strange hotel room and need a light to use the bathroom.

It tall makes sense...doesn't it???

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

OddOne

Enlightened

I EDC an Infinity Ultra and a (now-modded) LED Lenser V2 3-watter. Dunno if I can justify EDCing more, hehehe...

oO

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

It sneaks up on you. I used to carry just one Solitaire and I thought it was great stuff. Now, I've got a small Photon 1 as last ditch backup, E1e+KL1 as working light, and Project C2-90 as high powered incan.

Can't figure out what to do when the U2 arrives...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I still only carry two lights on my person. A Minim*g with a Lambda HDDIP on my belt, and an ARC AAA on a lanyard around my neck.

Now what's out in the truck is a whole 'nuther story!

Flashlight Enthusiast

Three lights is my max to edc, but most of the times it its either one or two lights.

If its very dark outside, I will carry two primarys...one with a throw beam and one with a flood beam, and a general purpose small backup. (three total lights)

When I go out in daytime, I usually just carry a short range primary, but occasionally also bring a backup. (1-2 lights depending on my mood and atire).

I always EDC LEDs, so I'm not really concerned about bulbs blowing on me.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Since I don't drive over here my body has become my vehicle. If I'm in transit my pack and accompanying "Batbelt" have me pretty well covered. Of course I have a very specific use worked out for each item, just in case I'm asked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On my person: 1xPhoton 3, 1xPhoton 2, plus EDC of the day usually an Arc LS, L4, or Balrog body mod.
In or on my bag: 1xGlo-Toob, 1xScorpion, 1xX5T, 1xTL1, 1xRedLed flasher, 1x belkin Quadra(These are really slick, pen+PDA stylus+white LED+red laser.)

Oh and got to love those Rip-Offs pouches. They've got them for everything.

neogoon

Newly Enlightened

Five? Geez, what kind of geek carries 5 lights...let's see for me (empties pockets):
1. ARC LS in back pocket (no holsters for me, thank you very much)
Keychain 1
2. ARC AAA
3. Yellow Photon II
3.5 Green Glow Ring
Keychain 2:
4. CountyComm 1$ light (blue)

Whew, only 4.

Then again, my laptop bag has a Dorcy AAA, Inova X5, Minimag with opalec (and glowring) and a bunch of $1 lights and party flashers, so what do I know?

phosphor

Enlightened

Yes...well...er...obsessive/compulsive disorders are difficult to self-diagnose and it often takes outside intervention before treatment becomes an option. However good for you for recognizing your...er.....preoccupation. Acceptance is the first step to recovery ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-regards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif