1/2 size Impact...I like it!!!

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a PT Impact for quite some time now, but didn't use it much because I thought it was just too big and heavy for a single LED light. I ordered a Tec20 from BrightGuy.com and swapped the buisness end from my Impact. For "juice", I powered it up with 2 SAFT 3.6V lithium AA's (I bought the SAFT batteries a while ago just to "have 'em"
rolleyes.gif
, and up til now didn't really find a use for them...). At half the size and less than half the weight of the original Impact, I find myself using it a LOT more than before. It just "looks and feels" more like a single LED light now, and none of the original light's performance has been sacrificed
grin.gif
. As a bonus, I also ordered a Tec40 bulb and put the Tec20's reflector and Tec40 bulb in my original Impact, and now I also have the Tec40 that I've been wanting...ain't flashoholism GREAT!!!

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
They can sometimes be found on ebay but you can contact Silviron. He might have some and will treat you right. A good guy to deal with.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spudman...got mine at Radio Shack. When I told the clerk what I was looking for, he just looked at me like I had 3 heads!!! When I checked the battery section myself, there they were. I don't recall the brand, but they're AA size, kind of a purplish-pink color...and $9.99 apiece! The package says they're for computer memory back-up. They run @ higher V (3.6) but lower amp than standard AA batteries. Okay for LED's, but 2 of 'em won't push a 4.8V incan bulb...too dim. But they were perfect for my 1/2 size Impact!

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I USED to buy the battery at RS but the 10 a pop got to me as I use about 16 a year.Thats when I started to cruise Ebay. The purple ones are made by Tadiran, marked made in Israel. Search in Ebay for "3.6v lithium" or buy them from Silviron