New KL1 head won't fit on my L4 body!?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
New KL1 head won\'t fit on my L4 body!?

When I try to screw my new KL1 bezel on my L4 body, I get enough resistance that I'm afraid to force it. Should it go on there or not? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New KL1 head won\'t fit on my L4 body!?

YES, it should. All of the E series parts are interchangeable. Check the threads. Have you tried it on another body?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

My KL1 fits on my e2e and my e1e body just fine. But when I try to screw it on my L4 body, there is very significant binding/resistance after about 1 turn or so. It's very weird, because I can swap heads from my e2e and e1e with the L4 without difficulty also.

Size15's

Flashaholic

That is very strange. You can not see any differences in the KL1's threads, or the L4's threads?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Alright, I gritted my teeth and with some force was able to screw the KL1 head onto my L4 body. It tended to bind in several places on the way, and had to be screwed down tightly in order to light up. I could see no anomalies in either the head or body threads.

Thanks.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, does the KL4 screw back on correctly?
You may have a KL1 with bad threads, or both a KL4 head and E2 body with bad threads that have had their tolerances screwed up

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

GarageBoy:

The KL4 head will screw back on correctly. I guess the threads on my L4 body and the KL1 head must be at extreme opposite ends of the "acceptable" tolerance ranges.