Anybody do runtime tests with CMG Ultra yet?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Preferably with alkalines to get a sense of whether it's really regulated or not. I have one coming and will do an informal test if no one beats me to it. Nothing fancy but what I would do, is initially compare it to a Arc AAA with fresh batteries and then just turn the Arc on periodically as a measure of perspective to compare with the CMG Ultra which of course I'd leave running constantly. I hope someone beats me to it, I'm really curious as to whether this thing is truly regulated or not.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
It's in the cards, but I just haven't gotten a chance yet. Between finishing a magazine article, shooting a documentary, and working on an ultra mega top secret prototype project; I just haven't had the time.
x.gif

As soon as.... oh another quake, gotta go

(sorry, false alarm... just a truck that backed into the side of the building.)
blush.gif

As soon as I can pry some time loose and dig up a photocell that isn't broken, I'll be more than happy to run this through a couple of batteries.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ultra mega top secret prototype project? You mean something other then the green 5W Luxeon? Will you be able to share any of this information with us?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Ultra mega top secret means ultra mega top secret. I'll be able to share info and pictures... as soon as it goes on the market.
blush.gif

It is *not* the 5W green Luxeon, or any other 5W Luxeon project. That much I think I can get away with saying without letting cats out of bags.
smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hay Craig is this like 20 questions where we can keep guessing till we know hit it because you stop responding? Heh heh...

Hey did you get my last e-mail, the one right after we nixed the solar panel?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by The LED Museum:
. . . and working on an ultra mega top secret prototype project; I just haven't had the time.
x.gif

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">We are going to start calling you "Q"