• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: McLux EN Head

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a McLux EN head sitting here on my shelf. I'd like to build it out and sell it to someone. PM me, I can build it however you want. Price will depend on what you want in it.

EDIT: SOLD, thanks.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: McLux EN Head

Oh, I thought they were all gone... well would you look at that, there's plenty to go around. Don't mind me, I'm just browsing now.

Thanks!

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pic:

HPIM2050.thumb.jpg
[larger image]

Third from the left.

After you handle it for a while, it will develop a patina like the 2nd head from the left.

[ QUOTE ]
tylerdurden said:
Pic:

HPIM2050.thumb.jpg
[larger image]

Third from the left.

After you handle it for a while, it will develop a patina like the 2nd head from the left.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOBODY and I mean, NOBODY builds a better McLux head than Paul (tylerdurden). Believe me, I have compared the stock McLux TK head with that of Paul's and his will blow it away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mullytron

Newly Enlightened

AWTYD,

Is this a worthy candidate to go on the 2003 TK?

If so, how much TylerD?

m'tron

[ QUOTE ]
mullytron said:
AWTYD,

Is this a worthy candidate to go on the 2003 TK?

If so, how much TylerD?

m'tron

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, you got one comin'? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Just kidding. Hell yeah! That's what I've got on one of my others.

BTW, the "2003" McLux TK is simply the "McLux TK." That's when they were made.

Yes, by all means, have Paul build this for you. You won't be disappointed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey, just noticed, it's my 1500th post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

mullytron

Newly Enlightened

tylerdurden,

If you could pick your druthers, what is your fave EN Head mod for the TK? I've got one on the way with the orig. stock head, and would be honored to mount one of your EN creations.

I believe the stock Lux is white, can you mod for cyan 3W Lux, and advise an optic or reflector for improved throw? Not sure what's involved with regulating/driving a 3W Lux, so if it's too much, what do you suggest?

Thanks!

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

The stock head is indeed white, A Q3L Luxeon I with a BB400, IIRC. That was an unbelievably good bin at the time. I'd leave it as-is just for historical reasons. You can swap out the stock NX-05 optics for a reflector in about 30 seconds, and it makes a HUGE improvement, plus it's totally reversible.

I'm sending you a PM to discuss other options in detail.

Latest posts