PrincetonTec Impact II won't turn off

Craig720

Enlightened
PrincetonTec Impact II won\'t turn off

While walking the dog last night, I noticed the beam was very dim. I took it apart and checked the batteries. The first thing I noticed was this whitish stuff streaked inside the body of the light. The only thing it could be is the Teflon-based lubricant I used on the O-ring, but I applied it sparingly.

Here's the kicker -- when I was reassembling the light after cleaning out the streaky stuff, I noticed the light turned on -- VERY dimly but still on -- after I put the curcuit board bead back on top of the batteries, but before I screwed the bezel and lens back on. And when I screwed the bezel and lens into place, turned the light fully on, and turned it off, and then made sure it was off by turning the bezel first another 180 and then 360 degrees, the light remained on.

In other words, I am unable to turn the light off. If the printed circuit board with the +/- contacs the batteries in any way, the LED lights up.

Any suggestions?

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: PrincetonTec Impact II won\'t turn off

If the head is set up the same as the Attitude, there's a small contact strip that can break. If it breaks, there is no longer enough "spring" to open the contact for it shut off. It can also break apart and open the path so that the light doesn't work at all.

Whatever the problem, PT has excellent CS and will replace it. Just contact them.

Craig720

Enlightened
Re: PrincetonTec Impact II won\'t turn off

Thanks for the info. They do seem to have good CS. This light that now seems broken was, in fact, a replacement for my first Impact II. After using the heck out of it, I couldn't get it to turn ON. Now this one won't turn OFF. Oh well. Those PrincetonTec LEDs are handy as all get-out. Wouldn't want to do without them.