Kroll fits in a Q-1 or Q-3!

blademan

Enlightened
I just discovered the easiest mod I've ever done to a light!
I took the original switch out of my Q-1 and just dropped a kroll switch without the rubber part right in. The only other thing I did was replace the stock o ring on the body because the tailcap was very difficult to close all the way with the original. Now I have momentary for my Q-1 and I'm happy! The Q-1 is the same as the Q-3 so it should work for both.

sherpa

Newly Enlightened
Is it true that a kroll switch can be modified into a 2 stage switch?

absoLite

Newly Enlightened
sherpa,
yes, it's possible.
Gadget_lover sold such a mod some time ago.
It basically has a modded spring and a resistor. You can switch between the stages by screwing the tailcap in and out.

sherpa

Newly Enlightened
Thanks absoLite
would like to mod my nuwai Q 3 with an real 2 stage switch, without turning the tailcap. Is it possible to get an switch like that somewhere?

blademan

Enlightened
I like it a lot actually. The one that I got is very white and I love the pouch it comes with.
mccavazos: All you have to do is use some small pliers and unscrew the assembly counter-clockwise and it will just drop out. There are two slots in the plastic you will see.

PaulB

Newly Enlightened
Did you use the same Kroll that we all use in the AA MiniMags(has white threaded plastic body) ?
Does not fit my Q3. Too long even if you remove the plastic cup between the switch and rubber boot that come with the Q3 + the diameter is too small to make neg contact.

blademan

Enlightened
That's very strange because all I did was remove the switch and drop it in! I have the standard plastic body kroll also. My Q-1 is brand new so I suppose there is a possibilty they've changed the body.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
blademan said:
I just discovered the easiest mod I've ever done to a light!
I took the original switch out of my Q-1 and just dropped a kroll switch without the rubber part right in.

The Q-1 is the same as the Q-3 so it should work for both.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a Q-1, but I don't think that they are the same as the Q-III. The kroll does not fit in my Q-III, the diameter is different.

Peter

blademan

Enlightened
That's very unforunate but at least the Q-3 is still a great light. Thanks for the correction Litfuse!

nexro

Enlightened
You could add some aluminium foil around the threading area of the Kroll. That way, it will make contact with the Q3's contact. This worked for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif