Fantastic Movie . . . . the Incredibles

avusblue

Enlightened
Took the kids to see this over the weekend and I was blown away by how good, and entertaining, this movie was. The visuals are simply a feast for the eyes, the storyline is compelling, and the dialogue is clever and the characters are engaging. Addressing themes like the dumbing down of school standards, the "political correctness" trends, and the scourge of frivolous litigation, this movie isn't just for kids! It presents a refreshing and non-patronizing emphasis on the virtue of good-old-fashioned family values. I recommend it to all. My favorite movie of the year, by far.

Keep alert as you watch and you'll enjoy tons of rich details in the background. One thing that's especially a treat is the style in the '50s "mod" architecture. The office scenes are priceless. And if you're a "car guy", pay attention to the cars, you'll love it.

Cheers to Pixar for a job VERY well done.

CPF-related content: The theater used a very bright incandescent for the projector! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree: surprisingly good movie. Recommended even for people who normally wouldn't see an animated feature.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Ditto. Had lots of fun watching it with my son. Oh, and I had the theme-song stuck in my head 'till the next day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Spudman

Enlightened
Great movie. Loved the cars too. Plenty of t-birds and Cadillacs. Even caught a roadster like mine. (One of the Pixar guys is a Datsun roadster owner too) I can't wait for the dvd.

There was a group of teenagers sitting behind me when I saw it. I think it has a very broad appeal.

Just a great movie!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
Fantastic 4/Incredible 4? I wonder if they were an inspiration?

"I've covered all the basics..." Edna

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love them roasdters spudman.damn nissan used to make cool stuff

tech

Newly Enlightened
Guess I'll be the dissenting voice.
I liked it, but didn't love it.
Don't get me wrong, it was really well done technically, and had a good story and such... frankly my favorite part was FroZone's chat with his wife when he looked for his suit.
Anyway. I liked it, but didn't think it was nearly as good as the Toy Story movies or Monsters Inc.
Just my $.02.

T