Pelican Recoil LED

FLASHLIGHTMAN

Newly Enlightened
I have a Sabrelite 2020 Recoil LED and can honestly say it is nice bright light. It has a very tight beam. It projects a beam pattern in the shape of a square. (A little odd).

In fact, I just got 2 more of them for my nephew and a friend. They both wanted one after seeing mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

A nice light indeed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
...as to the square light pattern...remember that the light source is square! The reflector is just reflecting what it sees.

FLASHLIGHTMAN

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Roy,

I totally understand why it's square, it just looks odd when using it.
We are (me) just so accustomed to seeing a "round" beam pattern that the "square" looks a bit odd!

That's all.

It is still one heck of a tight beamed light!
Square or round.

Dave

ET

Newly Enlightened
I have an M8. Square hotspot as everyone has already mentioned. Practically zero sidespill. Very good throw. Tight beam. Very white colour. I wouldn't use it for close-up work. Outside up to 100 ft is its intented duty.

Click here for some beamshots.

BTW, mine has a plastic battery cage in the tube. The cage was cracked when I received it but I just did away with it and I'm currently using it without the cage. Seems to work just fine without it.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should note that the actual brightness of the Sabrelight was measured at about 650 cd by ledmuseum , not the 1500+ implied by Roy's lux measurement.

The Lighwave Infiniton is the other recoil technology, 3xC light made, and it puts out over 7 hours of 900+ cd brightness, both as measured by ledmuseum.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The 2020 (sabrelight) is a neat light, but it's designed for use by scuba divers and workers with gloves. The light is turned on by twisting the head.

It really cuts through smoke and (in the water) silt due to all the light going straight ahead.

Daniel

Longstreet

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. Pelican ads this as a good "smoke cutter" and I was wondering how well it actually did the job. Might have to check one out.