L1 Death

ftumch33

Enlightened
I pulled a Homer...after receiving some Vital Gear bodies (FB2), I wanted to see if they would fit the L1, so I screwed one on the L1 bezel not knowing the flashlight was in the `on` position and got a flash out of the bezel like it was just turned on and off. The only problem now is the L1 bezel won`t turn on anymore when attached to the L1 body.
Guys, please don`t state the obvious that the L1 is a 1 cell flashlight and the FB2 body is for 2 cell lights. I know that. What I need to know is did I short out the circuitry, which is what I`m thinking had happend and if there is anyway to fix it before either buying a new L1 bezel or a new L1 flashlight.
Thanks
-Frank

briteguy

Newly Enlightened
The L1 bezel has no electronics inside. You just fried the led. On the other hand, it's an opportunity to get someone to mod the bezel with a good bin led!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
dito /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
new LED, so17xa reflector and it will be better than ever!
bernhard

McGizmo

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
Hey, you know it fits!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1 is a great bezel to mod. If you're curious about getting into modding yourself, it's a very easy one to start with, since you don't have to worry about frying any circuitry and the solder joints are large.