Question about Hyper Blaster

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
I just received my new Hyper Blaster 1R and I noticed on the tail that there is a star with a I in the middle and the model number is B1R1WK. This got me thinking that maybe I was sent one of the older luxeon I lights. Brightness wise I've only got some well used D cells to use it with, so it's not quite as bright as my QIII. I'll get some fresh Ds later to compare brightness. If anyone has any knowledge in regards to what I received I would appreciate any feedback thanks.

thatguy

Newly Enlightened
I also just got my hyper blaster just a few days ago. Ours are the very first (I) production run with Edison. My model number is the exact same as yours. The old 1W ones haven't been sold in many months, and since these were preordered in a big batch, I highly doubt it is possible that you could have received one. Also, the 1W has a tailcap that simply says ElektroLumens. I don't think it came with a lanyard either, but I can't say for sure.

Regarding output, this light should not be as powerful as the QIII--initially. According to Craig's review at Ledmuseum, the QIII's power fades to 50% after an hour an forty minutes. The Hyper Blaster has regulated output for a claimed eight hours(I haven't tested this yet). When people make boosting regulation circuits, they have to weigh the brightness versus runtime. I just made some 3W direct drive 3D mag mods, and they are considerably brighter than the Hyper Blaster- for now.

Of all Elektrolumen's lights, the Hyper Blaster would come after the other blasters, the ft3c, and the TSP for people who want the brightest initial light. The beauty of the Hyper Blaster is that after the other lights are dying from expending too much energy too soon, the Hyper Blaster still shines away at its original brightness level.

That being said, there is a section in these forums specifically for Elektrolumens products. I'm sure if you asked, the guys there would be able to answer any other questions you have.

javafool

Enlightened
I received one of the new HB-1R's also and some 9500 mAH NiMH batteries at about the same time. Since it takes 4 or 5 recharges until the batteries are at their full performance, I charged a pair for the first time, threw them in the HB-1R about 9:45 Sunday morning, and turned the light on.

At 8:30 Sunday evening the flashlight was still going strong but I gave up, pulled the batteries, and recharged them anyway.

javafool

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks thatguy and javafool for the replies, I emailed Wayne from Elektro Lumens and he responded right away, surprisingly. He said that he didn't even know that the new tailcaps were in use yet, and that they must have made a mistake in putting the I in the middle of the star. He said that what I had received was definitly a luxeon III and that he may offer a luxeon I in the future. Thanks again for your replies.