Cree UV Leds: Availability

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
To notify anybody contemplating mini-mods for flashlite/keyring lights:

on EBAY:
Cree 3mm (T1-405nm) as seen in auction #1761203379 -possibly usable in Solitaire mini-mods?

Cree 5mm (395nm) in lots of 100:(, but available in a single sample. auction #1761308472
--maybe for "Eddie Bauer-Led Lenser" lights that accept other LEDs.
I've no connection with seller(s) but it looks like prices are getting even lower.
cool.gif

Willmore

Enlightened
Are these the same die as the UV leds at www.allelectronics.com ULED-1 are based on? They're selling the 5mm version for 1.75. I picked up a half dozen to make a Maglight conversion with--to charge up glow power stuff.
smile.gif

There is a datasheet for the LED available if that will help identify it--from there home page, hit the tab for datasheets and it's near the bottom.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Willmore:
Are these the same die as the UV leds at www.allelectronics.com ULED-1 are based on? They're selling the 5mm version for 1.75. I picked up a half dozen to make a Maglight conversion with--to charge up glow power stuff.
smile.gif

There is a datasheet for the LED available if that will help identify it--from there home page, hit the tab for datasheets and it's near the bottom.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Didn't have time to look at the PDF file, but noticed that it is a 395nm-and that's good!

Fyi-The Cree LED is distinguished by it's single bond wire going into the center of the die. (seen with magnifier (and LED off
grin.gif
).

They are supposed to be the best and the most powerful.

skispeed69

Newly Enlightened
I have loads of the Cree 5mm and 3mm LEDs for sale, let me know if you guys want any, I'll sell for $1 each plus shipping any quantity you want.

Ski....

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Skispeed69,

I would very much like to buy a 4 of the 5mm version.

Mark