Surefire 6BL

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody want one of these? I think I have located a cache of them by spending lunchtime hanging out in places I rarely go. There may not be more than 2 or 3 and I definitely want one for myself just for the collection.

From what I've gathered here on CPF the 6BL is a shock-isolated light with a switch on the side, it may come with a P61 although I'm not sure (take it as a P60) and I think it comes with the shock-isolated battery stick as well. These are old stock, for sure - AFAIK the light is no longer in production.

It's not going to be cheap either, figure about maybe $100+, depending on how much I bargain it down with the guy - I'm gonna use the "It's been sitting there forever, wouldn't it be better to move it?" line.

This Surefire habit is becoming extremely addictive, and I PROMISED myself I wouldn't buy lights just to collect..$#*(@!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

astrogrub

Newly Enlightened
Thats a great find. They're not very pc these days so should also make a good collectable. If the place you found them in even had those, what other kind of SF stuff might they have?
Do you know what type of baton they were threaded for, casco or asp? I might be interested...........

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.. they do have some other miscellaneous SF stuff, but I can't remember all of it. There is a 7Z I might bag for myself as well.

No idea on the baton because I'm fairly sure that expandable batons are not legal where I am, and of course, I don't intend to use the baton mount. I'm only interested in the light as a light.......REALLY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one. Came with the old style shock isolated bezel, an adaptor for the side switch (and threads to connect to an ASP baton).

The body of the light is about twice as thick as a standard 6P. It's VERY thick and heavy.

Other than that, it's the same as a 6P, with a P60 and standard batteries.

--dan

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think (and I stress the word "think") that the threads on the Casco and the ASP friction lock batons are the same threading.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
unicorn - the monadnock and casco batons have the same thread
asp and galls batons use a different thread

there is a 6bl sitting in a store not far from me and i was thinking of getting it
it has a p60 and SI head - it looks to be a fairly standard 6p body and a special tailcap to connect to the baton

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, if you guys are interested I'll go back and ask the guy what's the best price he can give me. I'm honestly not sure what he's going to say, for all I know he might give them to me at their sticker price, and no way in h3ll am I am paying that (it's twice what they're worth.. must be an old price when the lights first got there).

Hope my luck changes, I've been very unlucky in the past few days.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a price despite the very unhelpful sales staff, they want $135 for the 6BL. Dunno if you guys are still interested. I will understand if you are not, and that also explains why the light has sat there on the shelf for all eternity, because the price is ridiculous and they don't seem to care if it sells or not.