Stingers in Toronto area

Greg

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I just bought a what I thought to be a Stinger flashlight, but it ended up being a polystinger, which I brought back because it felt like it was going to fall apart.

Anyway, I am looking for a plain olde Stinger, at the cheapest price in the Toronto area.

Any input would be appreciated

Greg

Azreal911

Enlightened
never seen stingers for sale anywhere in toronto high end lights are not a strong point in TO. your best chances is the new vaughn mills mall in the pro bass shop. cause they carry the SL strion so they must carry the stinger.

Greg

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I went to Vaughn Mills and purchased what I though to be a Stinger from Pro Bass, but it was a polystinger.

I will make sure to give R. Nicholls a call.

Thanks for the input.

Techmedic

Enlightened
R. Nicholls will give you a far better price than $180!!!
Last time I priced it out (~4 months ago) Stinger with slow DC charger combo part #75002, price of $115.31CDN.

BTW, are you planning on selling the polystinger?

shifty646

Newly Enlightened
LeBaron may have it.
My friend bought a Scorpion there, and they do have an extensive flashlight selection.

Techmedic

Enlightened
I have not seen stingers at Lebaron in the last year. They also have the occasional sale of stuff, including lights that do not move as well, and are being replaced with another version/line. R Nicholls will have it in stock. Another place is Tetragon. www.tetragon.ca

Greg

Newly Enlightened
Techmedic, unfortunately I returned it promptly after I made the mistake, but they have them at Pro Bass for $119 as well as the Strion for $129, if that is more your style.

I felt that the polystinger would not live up to any type of drop or abuse. It feels much less durable than Nitrolon. As well, it didn't really outperform my PM6 which seemed to do pretty well against it even with ready to croak batteries. I really just wanted, what is common referred to as "guilt free lumens".

Dyee, I appreciate your post of Radioworld, but it seems that their flashlight prices are just as inflated as other prices in their catalogue.

Finally, has anyone had any experience with the Stinger HP. I was wondering if there was a significant difference between the stock Stinger and this model.

Thanks all for the quick responses.

Greg